Rare and Collectable

bigdog1

I have a Browning Superposed Lightning trap gun from 1960. Has the long tang and round knob and Vent rib with center brass and white front sights. Barrels are 30" FULL and FULL choke. This gun is easily 95+ percent both wood and metal. Has the original hartsfeld Hard, Leather look fitted case. I need to know what this is worth from someone that is more informed than I.

Thanks in Advance
Dave.

Not really very rare or collectable but desirable. I just sold a lightning 20ga for $1600 but the 20ga 28" was a premium as a field gun at 6 lb 3 oz, it should have gone for over $2000 but the stock had been shortened to fit me.

If it was a high grade Browning there would be some collectors interest in it but more than likely it is a shooter.

Here's one in very nice condition in a case for $1900.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/903870349/174V-BROWNING-SUPERPOSED-LIGHTNING-BROADWAY-TRAP-12G.htm

Here's another in very good conditioned with more desirable 32" barrels and cased for $1550.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101204035

These are both at asking prices more than likely they will go for less, unless they find someone that wants and doesn't care to negotiate.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, but both you pictured on Guns America are Broadway Trap with Square knob. The case I have is period correct and in Much better condition. No smudges or dirt inside.
The round knob supposedly is way more desirable than square knob.

From watching American Pickers, a great source of information, LOL. Just because its rare and collectable doesn't always mean its worth a lot of money. Things are only worth what someone is willing to pay and how bad someone wants it.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogFrom watching American Pickers, a great source of information, LOL. Just because its rare and collectable doesn't always mean its worth a lot of money.

Man is that the truth. It's amazing how many people that have Grandpa's 70 year old pump action .22 that think that it is worth big bucks.

There is a Browning Collectors forum. If you really want to find the value of your shotgun, I would think that would be the place to ask.

Check with the Arizona Trap shooting Association or a local trap club in your area. These people will know the true worth of your Trap shotgun.
Good luck
thumbup1.gif

Back