i want to build a caller with amp

sliverchucker

i feel there must be a simple way to build a caller similar to or as loud as a wildlife tech caller. we archery hunt moose and elk and we do have wildlife tech callers now but although we do good with this setup i feel the calls are limited...i would like to be able to put my own sounds on a caller. Has anyone done this that could share their insight etc. thanks

Loud is easy. Compact is hard. I built an Amplifier from plans found here. It used Radio Shack parts. You plug in any external sound source and get the volume of the Big Foxpro or other callers. It was interesting to build. But a good Boom Box would be better. Speaker quality makes a big difference.

Originally Posted By: sliverchuckeri feel there must be a simple way to build a caller similar to or as loud as a wildlife tech caller. we archery hunt moose and elk and we do have wildlife tech callers now but although we do good with this setup i feel the calls are limited...i would like to be able to put my own sounds on a caller. Has anyone done this that could share their insight etc. thanks

well, if you had a caller made by about any other company besides wildlife tech, putting your own sounds on it would not be very hard. but, you have a wt, sooooo.

Originally Posted By: baltz526Loud is easy. Compact is hard. I built an Amplifier from plans found here. It used Radio Shack parts. You plug in any external sound source and get the volume of the Big Foxpro or other callers. It was interesting to build. But a good Boom Box would be better. Speaker quality makes a big difference.

I have a good boombox but for the life of me i cant figure out why it wont play a recorded cd...i guess it needs repair and repair shops for those are becoming obsolete. I recall some boomboxes wont play cds unless they are high quality

If you can find a Minaska amp you can use any sound source and use the internal speaker or add on speaker. Finding one is the problem. I have one that I use to listen to audio books, amp my old TV to ear phones and use it to play some really awesome JS CD sounds. It looks just like a Minaska M-1 Bandit but has no sound storage or remote control.

You can also look for some old Computer speakers with built in batteries and amps, I used one for one of my first callers with a Walkman cassette player. We recorded a minute of silence on the front of the cassette to be able to set it remote and get back to the stand.

Your probably better off buying a FP or one of the other calls that you can add sounds to.

Last edited:
Jojnny Stewart used to make a amp called the "Louder" that you could attach to any sound source also, I had one years ago and sold it to a crow hunter as it was just too loud for coyote hunting.

Do a search for homemade snow goose caller. It uses a mp3 player or your smart phone a small car amp ,1 or 2 horn speakers and a small 12volt battery. I put mine in a small plastic ammo can
Its loud and clear I can hear my snow goose sounds from almost a 1/2 mile away on a calm day . I made the one with the radio shack amp never liked the quality of the sound and always had a hissing noise.
J
homemade Ecaller

Back