DTECH 22 Noslers first blood

yotehunter243

Recieved my Nosler barrel from Mike and Matt a couple weeks ago and couldnt wait to get out with it. I pieced it all together thru on a scope, loaded my thermal, 50 rounds and off to the range. Shot 10 rounds with my day scope all printing well under an inch, put my thermal on zero and off hunting 2 hours later.
This big male came in to a single howl in the first 15 second. He came down the levee to about 75 yards and I center punched his shoulder socket
unsure.gif
. It of course sent him into a barrel roll. He made it about 40 yards and piled up. Surprisingly that bullet destroyed the shoulder and made it into the heart and lungs.

Baor2c2.jpg

Nice work! I'm putting one together right now, wish it was a Dtech! What was the load you used?

Last edited:
Are you going to have to change your username?? LOL. I've never shot one with anything smaller than a 243 so very curious.

Originally Posted By: P&YNice work! I'm putting one together right now, wish it was a Dtech! What was the load you used?

I had bought several hundred of Midways Dogtown 55gr ammo on sale a month or so before I decided to build a Nosler. They were like 45 cents a round. The box says like 3500 or 3550 for the 55gr varmegedon bullet. Shot was inside 100 and guessing 75ish. Coyote was 47lbs

Originally Posted By: P&YAre you going to have to change your username?? LOL. I've never shot one with anything smaller than a 243 so very curious.

Lol i still have several .243 cal guns

Thanks for the details. I piled up on the same ammo and like to hear first hand experience. Again well done!

Back