Howdy, Need some help with predator choke for Beretta a350

redhaze

I just scored a deal on a Beretta a350 and need some help with the proper choke for coyote hunting. Can ya'll help? Thanks in advance.

I use a Carlson's Dead Coyote choke. But depending on how your gun patterns with a certain shotgun shell yours might like something different. For example Hornady Heavyweight Coyote 3" BB didn't pattern good through my choke and I don't know of many people who haven't had similar results with a tightly constricted choke and those same shotgun shells. But it all depends what your gun decides it likes.

I shoot the denser than lead tungsten alloy lead free loads at coyotes and I like the Carlson's Extended Sporting Clays chokes in Imp/Mod or Mod. The Carlson's Extended Sporting Clays chokes are rated for tungsten, steel and lead shot.

With hard shot that stays round and with more pellets per shell I don't think you need as tight of a choke as you do when your shooting lead shot or lead buckshot.

The Federal Heavyweight Coyote BB loads had Flitecontrol wads in them and they don't need to be choked as tight as lead shot in wads with petals that open up when they leave the barrel.

What type of load are you going to try?

You cant go wrong with mod choke and #4 buck. Good place to start anyway. Forget about 50yds shooting with a shot gun. Coyotes are tough.

Depends on what shot size you will be shooting. For my Benelli I ended up with 0.670 and it patterns super tight with BB, #4 Buck and #1 Buck.

You will have to try quite a few to find the right combo.

Well, I am still looking, the Muller would not screw in and they took it back. According to their website that was the correct choke. I will get some in the near future and see how it goes. Appreciate the help.

In my Beretta 390 and 391, I run the factory flush extra full for #4 Buckshot, great 20" patterns at 40 yards. The Beretta extra full extended choke did not do as well. The same choke shoots oo and 000(Rem 3") a tad bit tigher than the #4 buck, but those chokes are used for deer and hogs.

It's trial and error... just because brand x works for Joe Blows shotgun, doesn't mean that it will work the same in your shotgun. I have a nice old Remington that you couldn't hit a 55 gallon drum at 40 yards with #4 buck but a dove flying 35 mph. @ 40+ yards... no problem. Here's my daughter's shotgun I borrowed... the factory full choke is ok and so is the cheap Primos choke, not much of a difference except the Primos choke shoots high so I put a magnetic front sight on it to lower my point of aim (bottom pic). Works fine at 30 yards... I don't think I would shoot any farther with a 20ga.

Back