Most cost effective/quality AR drop in triggers

IAyoteHNTR

I've got a plain Jane DPMS lower that I want to upgrade the trigger on. I'm not a big AR guy but I've had a few over the years.

I'm looking for a couple suggestions on what would be the most cost effective quality trigger to replace the mil spec trigger with. Looking to spend $75 at the most for a 2 stage trigger with a pull weight of below 5 lbs, the closer to 3.5-4 lbs the better. I'm leaning towards finding a decent deal on a RRA 2 stage National Match to drop in it. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a velocity trigger in my AR, I went with the 3 pound one and it works great. Think I paid around $130 for it.

friend just picked up a rise armament trigger. was on salee for like $115. got to give it a squeeze yesterday... pretty dang nice trigger for the price!

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboLarue MBT two stage trigger for $87 is probably the best deal out there today. I own a few of them and have no complaints.

Looking at the reviews on that trigger is impressive. I may have to try one of these. Thanks.

I put a Rise in mine. Bought it from a guy that works for Rise at the last gun show. Paid $90 for it out the door. Great trigger for the money and Rise is in my home town so if a problem should come up, they are only a short drive away.

I got a LaRue MBT about 3 months ago. It is the best $87 I ever spent on a rifle. However, there is at least a 1-2 months waiting period. I was told it is just a backlog on getting them out.

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboLarue MBT two stage trigger for $87 is probably the best deal out there today. I own a few of them and have no complaints.

This. I thought you couldn’t have beaten a LMT 2 stg until I tried one of these.

Last edited:
Not sure what the OP ended up with but this thread cost me $87! Thanks for the info.. I think!
grin.gif

MBT trigger all the way!!
Very light and crisp pull.
I like it better than my accutriggers on my Savages. Best $87 you'll ever spend.

I have CMC single stage 2.5 lb trigger that brakes at 2lbs 2 oz and a 3 lb Timney that bakes a 2.5 lbs. both of these single stage triggers have a little travel but minimal enough that it Doesn’t bother me anymore. The CMC was $130 and Timney $157

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: P&YNot sure what the OP ended up with but this thread cost me $87! Thanks for the info.. I think!
grin.gif

I did order a LaRue MBT 2-S.
thumbup1.gif

Unfortunately they said it has a 4-6 week back order.
frown.gif

Back