Cabela's Covenant 5 FFP Scopes

Bluedog

Had anyone used this scope that can provide some feedback on it? My daughter recently put a Covenant 4 4x16 on her coyote rig...and I really like that scope. Thanks

Bluedog

They are really good scopes for the money. Bright clear glass. However....since bass pros bought out Cabelas they No Longer adhere to the lifetime warranty. Says so on Cabelas website.

Originally Posted By: AcroninThey are really good scopes for the money. Bright clear glass. However....since bass pros bought out Cabelas they No Longer adhere to the lifetime warranty. Says so on Cabelas website.

This is upsetting. Where does it say that? On a side note, I've been working down by Sidney, and that store is like a ghost town. Sad but they really screwed that town over when they sold out.

Go to Cabelas website and look at their covenant scopes. There is a Q&A where they ask about warranty. Its material defects that is covered for the life, but not normal wear and tear.

i went ahead and got a covenant 5 in the 5-25x56mm iteration. Mounted it up and went to the range and dialed it in. I am very pleased with the results and would recommend them to someone not looking to spend a mortgage payment to put a scope on their rifle. the test of time in the hunting fields will be the true test. They seem to be fairly well constructed and surprisingly clear glass. Clicks are crisp and repeatable and this one has a zero stop. The disappointing part is now they flip flopped on their warranty. My next scope will likely be another Vortex.

Originally Posted By: Bluedog My next scope will likely be another Vortex.

I have a Vortex Viper and am pleased with it, but just have
gotten an Athlon Argos, and am more impressed with the glass.
They have the same warranty as Vortex....might be worth looking
into.

I liked the 5 so much I decided I would try a Covenant 7 for my 6.5 Creedmoor chassis build. 20 MOA rail will sit under it and it will be my long range rig. I have searched all over the web and have found very little talk about these scopes...which surprises me for the bang they are for the buck.

Back