Elko In The Fall

1750Shooter

We’re coming to Elko on Oct. for some coyote hunting & I was wondering about upland bird hunting too. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Come in Sept for the Convention and do a little scouting.

My friend hunts upland in northern NV and he does well on Chukar, there are ruff grouse in the Ruby's, they have Himalayan Snow Cock in the Ruby's also. Hunting there in Sept for coyotes, I see Doves and plenty of cottontails.

Last edited:
Thanks. I’d love to come for the Convention, but am a bit cash-limited. I think I’ll just come out & try. Coyote hunting will serve as bird scouting.

The price of the convention is very fair.They also have lots of prize's and Raffles and dinner is included for both days and its loads of fun. Looking forward to making it this year.

Originally Posted By: desert daveThe price of the convention is very fair.They also have lots of prize's and Raffles and dinner is included for both days and its loads of fun. Looking forward to making it this year.

Also the egg shoot for a chance to win a really nice AR 15
thumbup.gif

Past chukar season was weak this year. Some guys found birds late but NV game Dept had bad counts late last summer/early fall. Hopefully 2020-3031 will be better

Was in Elko about 12 yrs ago in July, I guess.

There happened to be a BIG company party going on. We tried getting in biut no luck.

There was a refer truck there, cotton candy, steak for lunch, a beer dispenser, rides for the kids and much more. I should have tried a $20 to see if I could get in.

I was looking for the old company that made Knapp Game Saws but no luck.

Good luck on hunting.

Back