Atn x sight 4k pro Night vision

Ive seen several post on facebook of people using a lens cover and poking a hole about 5/16" in the middle and it suposedly really increases daytime clarity.

I've had 3 atn optics so far, two of which I still own. I started out with an XSight 2 and it benefited greatly from the cover with a hole in it to make the picture more clear. I currently own an HD thor and a 4k pro 3-14. I don't have much time behind the Thor yet and am still messing with it to get it right. I do love it though. I have had the 4k out on a few hunts and so far I love it. I haven't tried the cover with a hole in it yet but I have a feeling it won't be necessary, I do plan to try it though. Mine isn't as clear as I'd like it to be, but it is more than clear enough to do the job it was purchased to do. I can't speak to the NV aspect of it, as I haven't had time to do any night hunting yet, and would most likely use my Thor anyways because ND doesn't allow the use of IR illuminators which are necessary to use this scope 99% of the time at night.

They did recently come out with a Firmware Update and it did make the image a bit clearer along with fixing some other annoying bugs. I am a member of an ATN group on Facebook and I can honestly say that of the issues people are having with their scopes, probably 85% of them could be avoided if people would simply read the manual, and use the search function in the group to read up on how these scopes work.

I will say this, don't use the Ballistic Calculator until you've had a chance to thoroughly test it out and verify it's accuracy. I was out at the beginning of the week and didn't realize the BC had somehow been turned on. I haven't had a chance to test it out and for some reason it was throwing my shots about 8 inches high (checked it later in the day). It ended up costing me 2 coyotes that day. One of these days I'll get out and test it out to 500 yards and see how it performs, but for now, it will stay off. I have heard from others that is actually pretty decent, so I'm guessing it's probably user error that has it all wacked out.

Anyways, if you have questions on the scope, ask and I'll try to answer them for ya to the best of my ability.

The ballistic calculator in my X-Sight 2 worked great once I entered the necessary data. I was very impressed with it after testing it on paper. Later I used it on a hog hunt and found it to be spot on. I have the new 4k 3-14x coming soon and hope it will be even better than the gen 2 model.

It wouldn't surprise me if I didn't have something entered improperly in my scope. I know for a fact that I have my sight height entered as about 1/4" lower than it actually is. Just not sure if that would actually make enough of an impact to be shooting 8" higher than it should be at 100 yards... time will tell. Overall I love my scope!

This is great to hear! Wind is ripping today, but I'm going to try to get to town and get a card, so I can finally put some fur down with it. This has been my worst year as far as time goes, 3 sets in the past week. 2 called in, 1 down, 1 circled up wind.

Make sure when you buy a card you buy a very good one. I wanna say it has to be class 10. Many cards now days are class 10, but I prefer to spend the money on a good brand name card, it will help later on down the road with video quality as well. Also, when you download the FW update and put it on the card, make sure it is on the first level of the card and not in a subfolder on the card. I've seen a few people having problems with doing the updates because when the put it on the card they put it in a folder on the card. It has to be on the first level of the card in order for the scope to see it.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyMake sure when you buy a card you buy a very good one. I wanna say it has to be class 10. Many cards now days are class 10, but I prefer to spend the money on a good brand name card, it will help later on down the road with video quality as well. Also, when you download the FW update and put it on the card, make sure it is on the first level of the card and not in a subfolder on the card. I've seen a few people having problems with doing the updates because when the put it on the card they put it in a folder on the card. It has to be on the first level of the card in order for the scope to see it. this is a very good point and thing to consider. Always consult the manual or contact the manufacturer on the recommended card class and size to use. For instance, my older moultrie game cameras go hay wire if i use a class 10. It must be a class 4 or lower. If i use the wrong card it takes pics only half the time and eats the batteries like crazy.

I did see it requires a class 10! 4 to 64mb, probably get a class 10, 64mb if I can get one!! Class 10 for sure! Thanks everyone and remember to shoot straight!

Little update on the 4k pro. Someone here had mentioned they had the ballistic calculator come on. Well, I didn't pay enough attention, it was on, missed a 75 yard shot at a standing yote. He came in to the trusty kiyi and ran away just as fast as he came in, unharmed sadly. Put the scope on my new savage 10 predator so we will see if I can get that info entered and test the calculator on it.

Back