ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Form 4's filed for 2 cans in a trust - 3.30.18
Checks cleared - 4.9.18
Transfer agent called today - 11.13.18, stamp is back on one!

Got the call today, 11.23, that my 2nd stamp is here.

Last edited:
Recieved 2 more. Lane 5.56 scorpion and AAC ti-rant 45m. Both checks cashed 4/18/18. Stamps arrived at dealer 12/05/18. Funny thing is I called on 11/21 and was told that they had not been assigned to anyone yet, 2 weeks later I have the stamps in hand.

I also sent in papers on 9/27 for a Titan. The credit card had never been charged, and I checked right before calling. During the phone call mentioned above they said that they hadn't recieved the paperwork and I should resend it. I immediately went to the dealer and they said they would call before resubmitting the paperwork. The following Monday my card showed a charge from 11/16 from the ATF. The phone calls must have woke someone up.

Does anyone know if ATF's suppressor approval division is part of the government shutdown? My check was cashed on 6/18/18 and I am hoping that I am getting close.

As I read the "normal shutdown funding non-closure agency list" all law enforcement is full operations. However a lot of Obama era employees are still roaming the halls of government, all sorts of hold ups continue. Dec 15 was 7 months for my 2nd individual stamp.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. So, am I understanding you correctly that your ATF approval came on Dec. 15 at the end of seven months?

You guys like myself waiting for your stamps might want to go to the NFA tracker website. A guy called and was told forms 1 and 4 are not being processed at the moment because of the shurdown. Only forms 3 and 5 and being processed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KwazForm 4. Check cashed 12-20-2018 approved 1-31-19 ready to pickup at gun shop 2-9-2019

Dang do you know someone in the ATF?

Originally Posted By: HouseCatOriginally Posted By: KwazForm 4. Check cashed 12-20-2018 approved 1-31-19 ready to pickup at gun shop 2-9-2019

Dang do you know someone in the ATF?

Had to edit 2017 not 2018 it took forever..

My first application I made for a suppressor was in '08,took three months.
The latest,I made the application Feb '18 and 8 months later had the stamp.

I have heard that some take up to 1 1/2 yrs.

Top Dog

Check cashed June 18, 2018. Approved March 18, 2019. 273 days including shut-down or 242 when subtracting the 31 day shutdown.

DoubleUp did you do a trust or a individual? I have one that I sent in a trust back in July of last year. So if yours showed up I am hoping mine shows up within next month or so.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is slowing down sales of cans, With the waits pretty much being a year. When I bought my can before the shutdown it was about a 7 month wait. It appears it’s more like a year now.

I sent my check off on 3/4/19 and it was cashed on 3/18/19. Did a trust. This is 20 days quicker cashing my check than any of the NFA trackers online show the average as being. Hopefully it's a good sign... wife drew an elk tag and would love to have it before the time comes for that hunt

Back