2018 Bloody Knife Pictures...

Originally Posted By: CinchOriginally Posted By: pahntr760I use the Lansky 3 stone set and then strop with green compound. Benchmade s30v is shaving sharp easily. Other, lesser steels will sharpen right up too, but take a little more time and care. These type of systems work very well...and stropping after each use really prolongs the edge.

Is there anything special about buying a strop? Where is a good place to get one? The bulk of my knives are S30V, but I try to never let them get extremely dull...

I use a cheap paddle strop from Amazon. I'm sure their is better quality leather or whatever, but I get mine to work!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XB6BWX/ref...6b-c9c03a4d03cf

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: CinchOriginally Posted By: pahntr760I use the Lansky 3 stone set and then strop with green compound. Benchmade s30v is shaving sharp easily. Other, lesser steels will sharpen right up too, but take a little more time and care. These type of systems work very well...and stropping after each use really prolongs the edge.

Is there anything special about buying a strop? Where is a good place to get one? The bulk of my knives are S30V, but I try to never let them get extremely dull...

I use a cheap paddle strop from Amazon. I'm sure their is better quality leather or whatever, but I get mine to work!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078XB6BWX/ref...6b-c9c03a4d03cf

Thanks for the link I'll check it out... will be much better to take care of these myself... only a matter of time before the PO loses a box of knives for me...

Mine came from StropMan Strops. He has a website, has a variety of both strops and compounds.

Originally Posted By: GCMine came from StropMan Strops. He has a website, has a variety of both strops and compounds.

Thank you sir... I’ll check it out...

qy5X4Rb.jpg

I suppose a knife thread warrants a description!
This knife is made by Carothers Performance Knives. This particular model is known as the Field Knife. My attention as of late has been on knives coming out of this shop. The thought that goes into the designs from a utilitarian aspect is downright amazing and Nathan's understanding of heat treatments is second to none. I could talk for hours but will leave it at that for now.

Just a heads up, they have an interesting sales model which can make their knives rather difficult to obtain. You can not purchase knives through their website and it honestly has very little information on there anyways. Their only authorized dealer is Fort Henry Custom Knives which has some available from time to time. The best way to get one of their products is to join their subforum on bladeforums.com and hopefully score one of the 20 to 40 knives they put up for sale each week.

Back