2018 Bloody Knife Pictures...

GC

Put them here! This is a lousy way to start a new thread because I don't have a new bloody knife picture to contribute. I did get to bloody a knife last Saturday when my son killed a buck with his bow. Problem was we were about a mile in the national forest from the truck and the rain was moving in on us fast. We had to hustle to get the buck quartered, deboned and sacked up for the backpack trip out before we got soaked. I used my Dowell B&T with M4 steel. My son used a Custom Shop Buck 110 with stag scales, nickel bolsters and BG42 blade.

Promise I'll try harder to get some blade pics on the next deer. Surely some of you guys have put some meat on the ground by now. Let's see some knives in action pictures!

Man I didn't get any from my kids deer and antelope... but I still have quite a bit of hunting yet this season...

As you know I have given quite a few of my Ingrams away over the years... one lucky recipient in particular is my good friend and gunsmith... I think he's gotten 4-5 from me so far... he always sends me a bloody knife pic once he gets them broke in right... here's my pic from this years Wyoming elk...

Originally Posted By: Cinch

oh man. i almost fainted looking at all that blood and gore. yucky, yucky.

and i am lying through my teeth. great picture of a nice bloody knife and some very good future eating.
thumbup.gif
love me some elk steaks.

You may see in the other thread I just posted - that's a custom knife from Todd Thayn using the antler of my first bull elk killed in 2001. I turned out great!

Originally Posted By: DesertRamYou may see in the other thread I just posted - that's a custom knife from Todd Thayn using the antler of my first bull elk killed in 2001. I turned out great!

That's a great pic!

My season is slowwww this year. I've had opportunities to take game. It's just not been the deer I've been looking for. So far I have passed a bunch of young bucks and a good number of does. Been holding out for one of the big bucks that I have glimpsed while bowhunting. Could have killed a monster boar hog but I didn't want the stinking carcass laying around attracting predators and scavengers. So far no shot opportunities on the big deer with bow or rifle. Just about to lower my standards and make meat.

I have a box full to send back to Gene for sharpening... I really need to get the sharpening figured out... I send 6-8 back every year and he sharpens them for me... but I'd feel a lot better not depending on him...

Edge Pro Apex and Spyderco Sharpmaker is the best combination I have put together. For touch ups and moderate sharpening the Sharpmaker is easy and quick. The Edge Pro is excellent for more involved and complete jobs.

I use the Lansky 3 stone set and then strop with green compound. Benchmade s30v is shaving sharp easily. Other, lesser steels will sharpen right up too, but take a little more time and care. These type of systems work very well...and stropping after each use really prolongs the edge.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760I use the Lansky 3 stone set and then strop with green compound. Benchmade s30v is shaving sharp easily. Other, lesser steels will sharpen right up too, but take a little more time and care. These type of systems work very well...and stropping after each use really prolongs the edge.

Is there anything special about buying a strop? Where is a good place to get one? The bulk of my knives are S30V, but I try to never let them get extremely dull...

Back