KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Just installed another Mil-Spec Larson Electronics 24 watt 850nm Infrared Night Vision Spot beam, stretches out a good 400-500 yards. First class piece of Night Vision kit.

850nm%20Spot%20Beam.JPG

The switch install and the electronics installation went pretty smooth, saving up for a FLIR M-200 Boson core Pan/Tilt for later this summer. M-200 is $3,500, JCU remote computer with Ethernet controller is another $750, waterproof LCD screen and extra battery and battery bypass a few more bucks, but will detect out a mile away easy....

Dude was the last logger out at end of day before sundown in 20 minutes, he sure was happy to see me tool up while out checking my bait sites for a night hunt later that night. Three miles back to the CAT D-9 track dozer, hooked up two inch steel cable and ripped him right out of there. Now I want a D-9, absolute incredible power?

I told him to get his [beeep] out as a pack of coyotes howled and yipped right out from us, he was scared for his life

The 24 watt Larson Electronics 850nm Infrared LED Spot Beam works fantastic. Beam is good out over a quarter of a mile easy.

Measurements:

Taken at 5 feet from the lens.

850nm Spot - 1430 uWatts/cm^2

Pioneer%20500%20Prairie%20Entrance.jpg

Pioneer%20Moon%202.jpg

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Thom, have you ever tried the 940nm unit and I wonder if it gives off any glow at all?

No, David, the 940nm instrument does not give off any visible red glow whatsoever in any way shape or form. The 850nm gives off a minimalistic amount of red glow that you cannot even see when sticking a piece of white notebook paper in front of the unit.

However, I am using GENIII Night Vision Optics and there is a very steep drop off in the IR light gathering capability of the gallium arsenide I2 matrix after 850nm, so I did not want the 940nm unit, the tiny red glow does not affect anything in my experiences.

The 940nm unit with the same amount of IR wattage will produce about 25% of an identical 850nm unit that my GENIII NVOs will pick up.

This kit is 24 Watts which is by far plenty for me and the UTV battery/alternator, I would need to use a 100-125 watt 940nm IR kit for comparable output with my NVOs and that is too much power drain to consider.

I snipe out so many Dillos at night with the integrally suppressed Ruger 10-22 and FLIR RS-64 it isn’t funny.

They do make great coyote bait too!

Dillo%20Sniper.JPG

This AN/PVS-22 UNS MilSight T-105 turns out to be another great NV investment for mid-range night I2 applications with the very nice 68mm catadioptric objective lens system.

The clip-on interface with my ACOGs and ELCANs is perfect and the L3 White Phosphorous tube is rated for .308.

Using 2 lithium AA batteries I am getting 50-60 hours out of them. Lovin' this I2 Clip-On!

Here it is on my 11' 6.5mm Grendel SBR with a Knights Armament KAC-15 lower.

PVS22%20Front.JPG

PVS22%20Side.JPG

PVS22%20Close2.JPG

PVS22%20Grendel.JPG

PVS22%20Grendel%20Close.JPG

Just finished three days of night hunting with some close friends.

Equipment used were:

Four helmet mounted GEN III PVS-14s
Three helmet mounted FLIR M-24 640 core thermal scanners
Two FLIR LS64 handheld thermal scanners
FLIR BOSON Breach 320 thermal scanner
Four FLIR T-70 640 Thermal Weapon scopes
1 FLIR PTS-233 320 BOSON Thermal Weapon scope

Dom%20Hog.jpg

Dom%20hog2.JPG

Guy%20hog.JPG

Guy%20Dave.jpg

Boar%20Head.JPG

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Looks like everyone had a great time.

What are your thoughts of the Breach and the PTS233?

The 320 core Boson core Breach is a sweet kit for detection purposes, could easily detect hogs out 600 yards in a 320 acre oat field at night full of Charolais and Brahamas cattle, not good for positive ID out past about 150 yards though. Super small, super lightweight, great FOV and clarity and super handy, CR123 lasts 1.5 to 2 hrs without the battery pack. Did not use it helmet mounted as I already had a couple of much more powerful helmeted mounted thermal scanners.

The PTS-233 320 Boson core is also a super lightweight simple to use TWS, easy to snipe out a hog at 200 yards after positive ID, easy to detect coyotes and hogs out over 600 yards, positive ID with it alone about 150 yards. Very versatile low cost TWS with a great view.

Took down five hogs at night and had a grand time.

Everyone was using PVS-14s for navigation, FLIR handheld thermal sccanners for detection, and FLIR Thermal Weapon Scopes for targeting.

The FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal scanner in the UTV did a great job of scanning over 3,000 acres at a large cattle pasture with a major hog problem.

Here are three of the five.

In addition, of four sows, three were gravid with another 18 piglets. Landowner was glad to know they were removed from the property.

Hondini%20Hogs.jpg

Dom%20Hogs.jpg

Hogs.jpg

Hogs2.jpg

Thanks to the extreme processing power of the BOSON intergral Movidius Myraid 2 with its 12-core image processor that no other thermal microbolometer has!
thumbup.gif

Intel's Movidius™ Myriad™ 2 VPU is an industry-defining always-on vision processor, and second generation VPU from Movidius™, an Intel® company.

Myriad 2 is a dedicated vision processor that is capable of advanced computer vision operations in the field of deep learning, spatial computing and depth extraction – all within an ultra-low power envelope. Thanks to Myriad 2’s extremely small power, size and thermal footprints, FLIR is able to embed this powerful processor directly inside the Boson thermal core.

[/url]https://uploads.movidius.com/1503680554-2016-12-12_VPU_ProductBrief.pdf[/url]

ADELPHI, Md. (April 16, 2018) - Army researchers have developed an artificial intelligence and machine learning technique that produces a visible face image from a thermal image of a person's face captured in low-light or nighttime conditions. This development could lead to enhanced real-time biometrics and post-mission forensic analysis for covert nighttime operations.

https://www.arl.army.mil/www/default.cfm?article=3199

Back