KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

integrally suppressed dillo warrior takes down another at 50 yards out, on the run no less!

Dillo.JPG

What ammo are you running in your CMR-30? I've been wanting to pick one up but I've read about some reliability issues. Have you had any trouble with it feeding? Looks like a fun little carbine for plinking and small critters!

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13What ammo are you running in your CMR-30? I've been wanting to pick one up but I've read about some reliability issues. Have you had any trouble with it feeding? Looks like a fun little carbine for plinking and small critters!

I’ve run about 350 rounds through it, primarily Winchester and Armscor 40 grain HP with really no issues.

Loading the mag gets difficult after about twenty rounds when new, hopefully the mag springs relax some over time, really the only problem you can have with it is a round not loaded properly into the magazine. Other than that it runs like a scalded cat and is very accurate at 50 yards.

I like it quite a bit, extremely light weight, picitanny rails all over it, threaded muzzle, very accurate and the magazine is in the grip. Total cost with tax and all was $625 new. Great kit gun to throw into the truck when cruising around the farm, similar to my SBRs.

I like my suppressed Ruger 10-22s, but this thing is 3X more whamo and even more light weight.

Nice! That's the report I was looking for. Im gonna get one ordered soon. Sounds like I may have to wait awhile as I can't find any in stock. Hope I can get my hands on one soon. Thanks

WOW!!! That's crazy... Skypup... You have the neatest toys and when you die you'll easily win the "He who dies with the most/best toys wins"...

At least you'll win in my book... LOL

I'm just happy I finally got my first thermal rifle scope (PVS233)
Life is good... Now them coyotes and hogs are in keep doo doo but first I gotta get this sweet whitetail buck to finally show up in the daytime and I'm gonna break my personal record by a huge amount. Our deer season here in FW Florida isn't over until late February.

Working on building up my new Honda Pioneer 500cc two seater into a nice hunting vehicle like my 2014 Honda Pioneer 700 build.

Got some 50 watt Red LED 881 headlamp bulbs to replace the white headlamps and ordered two 30 watt Green LED light bar for visible cruising light.

Ordered a 27 watt 850 nm IR military blaster from Larson Electronics for using NV.

Next will be a FLIR M-200 Pan/Tilt remote control thermal camera with a permanent elevated mount similar to the old Honda Pioneer setup. The new improved BOSON core is in the new M-200 and the price is 1/2 of what I paid for my TAU2 core four years ago and the Visual thermal imagining is much better with the artificial intelligence programmed into it!

Pioneer%20500%20Setup.JPG

Pioneer%20Serup3.JPG

Pioneer%20Setup2.JPG

This two seater is much more agile and lightweight than the larger four seater and will enhance our night hunting activities considerably.

Honda wanted $245 for a rear bumper, so I got out the plasma cutter and MIG welder and fabricated my own out of 3/8” steel bar stock and added some trucker mud flaps while I was at it.

Also installed a secondary silent stealth muffler so now this beast is a quiet as a golf cart but has way more power with the five speed electronic paddle shift transmission, top end is 45 mph.

Mud%20flaps.JPG

Had been out after a group of 500 pound boars the last two weeks in my backyard, always showing up real late at night on the game cams around 4-5 AM, finally started picking them up right after midnight.

A couple of more unsuccessful hunts staking them out and finally connected with one solid hit bowling him over but somehow he made it into the woods 15 feet away and disappeared, found where he bedded down that night with blood all over but was gone the next day when I discovered the bed about 100 yards in the thick stuff.

So, planned a hunt for the monster boars last night and spread out some extra bait to attact and anchor them in one of the few open spaces I have on the property on a mile long powerline cut.

Cruised out there last night at 10PM in the Honda Pioneer with the FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt on and saw some hot spots on the bait from 3/4 mile away when approaching. Shut down the UTV and hiked up a half a mile and ID two hogs.

Having the remote controlled thermal in the vehicle really set this one up for us.

I am working on getting a new FLIR M-200 BOSON pan/tilt for the new UTV setup with auxillary battery so I'll have two mobile thermal equipped hunting stands.

M324%20View.JPG

Got to 125 yards and layed down with the FLIR T-70 on my Grendel 10" SBR with handloaded Barnes 100 grain TSX, buddy had his SIG 716 7.62X51mm with handloaded 150 grain SPs.

1 - 2 -3 -> BLAM BLAM, both boar hogs DRT and dropped in their tracks...

Layed%20Out.JPG

Dressed them out and found my Barnes 100 grain TSX stuck in the neck vertebrae:

Barnes%20100%20Grain.JPG

Barnes%20100%20Grain2.JPG

Barnes 100 grain TSX weighed after recovery 99.9 grains - outstanding terminal performance again!

Also recovered buddies 150 grain .308 copper jacket with some lead in it weighing 42.5 grains......

Freezers totally filled up now!/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Here is what it looks like during the day when it all went down.....

Mini%20Hondini.JPG

It has a nice gun rack right behind the seat on the roll cage for easy access.

The FLIR Pan/ Tilt Thermal really turns this I to a sweet mobile hunting blind, we detected those hogs 3/4 mile away and stopped and it was a long hike hike up to get them.

Bob, it is a homemade gun rack made up of polyurethane pool floater noodles wrapped around the roll cage and tightened with zip ties, I just drop my rifle into place against them on top of the rear seat and the polyurethane cushions and locks it into place, all I have to do is lift it up and out instantly.

I also have a holstered Ruger Single Six .22 Mag ziptied to the roll cage above the drivers position for instant access as well....

You can mount a Koplin Rhino Grip gun grabber to the middle of the dashboard and rest the stock on the floor as well, but that takes up more floor space. I have this in my Pioneer 700

https://www.kolpin.com/rhino-grip-xl-single

This works great for instant access and no rattle or movement too.

Sweet.... OK... I've used the Kolpin grabber on my Foreman and think I have a spare around here somewhere...

Thanks... The noodle idea intrigues me as well...

Here is the noodle gun rack:

Gun%20Rack.JPG

It works great and cheap and simple to setup.

Here is the Koplin Rhino Gun grabber setup in the Pioneer 700:

Interior%202.jpg

Main thing is that they are secured to keep from bouncing around or out and no rattling.

I also have a Gore-Tex slip on socks for the rifle to keep dust and water off them when I am out and about or get home and spray everything down.

I leave them mounted in the machine 24/7/365.

The noodles also function as a head protection device in case of some accident to help prevent someone’s head from contacting the steel roll bars.

Another one falls to the 6.5 Grendel and FLIR T-70, stalked him for a 1/4mile and sniped him out with a head shot through the eye. Never knew I was there.

Last thing that went through his mind was a 100 grain piece of high speed copper!

IMG_3274.JPG

The 640 core and 35mm leneses on my T-70 is absolutely perfect out 600 yards in conjunction with the Truijicon ACOG 4X-32mm.

It and my T-60 are the ONLY Thermal Weapon Scopes I have that have a less than unity 1/2X magnification for a super wide Field of View (SWFOV), which is extremely useful at night in the field. No other scopes I own have this wonderful feature.

This makes it so much easier to transition form my thermal spotter to my thermal weapon scope and zero in because I can see so much more at both short and long ranges and the prey never runs out of my FOV.

At night, all you have is FOV, everything not in your FOV is unseen and out of sight.

So pay particular attention to the FOV of any thermal weapon scope you use, the FOV of your scope is directly determined by the pixel dimensions in your microbolometers focal plane array and the size of your germanium objective lens, the smaller your pixel array is the larger your FOV is, the larger your germanium lens is, the smaller your FOV is.

Also, having a native magnification of 1X is preferable to anything higher, since anything higher will restrict your FOV.

Got my Green LEDs wired in and works great, with coons and possums eyes lighting up a half mile out.

Next is a 27 watt Larson Electronics mil-spec 850nm IR.

Install of the lights and switches turned out sanitary.

Switch%20install.JPG

Green%20LED.JPG

Green%20lED%20Beam.JPG

Back