KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Night hunting with NV and Thermal feeds the family!

Ham%20Package.JPG

Hog%20Steaks.JPG

Have not have time for any night hunting since Hurricane Irma's eye went over the farm, lost 15 pounds working cleaning up everything destroyed everywhere, had to call the Forest Service a half dozen times for the large burn piles.

Now that everything is cleaned up, finally had a chance to do some scouting and the hogs are all over the place as usual. Apparently the acorn crop is toast this year after the 90+ mph winds, so hogs are running out of vegetation to root and hitting the feeders heavy.

Last night spotted one 200 yards out with the FLIR LS-XR scanner and took him out with the 6.5mm Grendel SBR with handloaded Hornady 123 grain SST pill, earshot and DRT.

Backyard%20Boar.jpg

Then spotted another with the 556 and FLIR Thermosight @ 100 yards on the 556 with handloaded 77 grain SMK, DRT:

556.JPG

Time to start hunting again!

Strike Two!

Another 200 yard headshot DRT in the exact same place on this 400 pound boar!

400%20Lb%20Backyard%20boar.JPG

400%20Backyard%20Nutz.JPG

Dude had one tusk broken off in a fight.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupMaybe I should fill a sacrificial HogBall with Tannerite and film it with thermal?
scared.gif

That would be interesting.

You sure are on a roll lately with the hogs. Good job, especially at the distances you have been shooting.

LOL, another one right behind my carport at night!

200 yard 123 grain Hornady SST 6.5 Grendel headshot as usual....

Thermal for detection and targeting.

Backyard%20Sow.JPG

My FLIR T-50 is 7 years old and has taken hundreds of hogs and coyotes, one of the best investments I ever made!

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

It has been used in two hurricanes and three tropical storms and has been dropped off the pickup truck bed onto asphalt twice, not to mention I feel off a culvert and landed on it too...

Just loaded up some Barnes 100 grain TSX for the 6.5mm Grendel SBR and figured I’d try them out on a coon in the backyard feeder at a laser measured 185 yards.

Bang, headshot - DRT.

I be lovin’ me some Grendel SBR.

IMG_3085.JPG

The lower is a Knights Armament KAC-15 registered SBR receiver, the upper is an Alexander Arms 11” cerokoated 6.5mm Grendel.

http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/AR-15_Uppers-_6_5_Grendel_11_SBR_Complete_Upper.html

It is a lightweight tack driving hog coyote killing hammer.

I also use a 16” Alexander Arms Tactical Grendel.

http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/AR-15_Rifles-6_5_Grendel_Tactical_Complete_Rifle.html

Both have 4X-32 ACOG LED with Truijicon RMRs redot for day optics and I swap the FLIR T-70s back and forth between them.

IMG_2423.JPG

Grendel%20Flir.JPG

I have been using 2 Flir RS 64 35MM's for 4 years hunting 3 to 5 nights a week with no problems at all. One is on a Rock River LAR 47 7.62x39 and another on a Daniel \Defense Ambush 6.8 SPC 16" using the USB power banks on the Flir internal battery. Bought a Flir RS 64 60MM from TNVC last year and put it on another Daniel Defense 18" 6.8 SPC Ambush and coyotes and hogs are in deep trouble. Will use Vic at TNVC for any future thermal purchases.

Originally Posted By: Dry CreekI have been using 2 Flir RS 64 35MM's for 4 years hunting 3 to 5 nights a week with no problems at all. One is on a Rock River LAR 47 7.62x39 and another on a Daniel \Defense Ambush 6.8 SPC 16" using the USB power banks on the Flir internal battery. Bought a Flir RS 64 60MM from TNVC last year and put it on another Daniel Defense 18" 6.8 SPC Ambush and coyotes and hogs are in deep trouble. Will use Vic at TNVC for any future thermal purchases.

Same here! The RS64-35 is perfect for what we do and mine are on virtually every week numerous times and are 4 years old now, even have them on the .308s.
That RS64-60mm really has a terrific view although the FOV is tiny, it does reach out a LONG WAY!

Wacked three more nice Boars with the 6.5 Grendel and FLIR T-70 last night and had a blast.

Dropped off the cleaned up meat at the Vietnam Vetrans Holmes’s Shelter today and everyone is eating good!

Big%20Boar.JPG

Boar%20Trailer.JPG

My new night pest eraser/blaster build I’m working on is a Kel-Tec CMR-30, threaded 16” barrel, collapsible stock, pic rails.

Putting a ACOG 3.5X-35mm day optic to work with my numerous FLIR Clip-on Thermals, DBAL-I2, and silencer on it this week. Weighs less than 4 pounds.

It runs like a raped ape.

CMR30.JPG

Back