New mojo

Forest Ghost

Well, $50 sportsman warehouse card got me ammo and a new mojo decoy. That tripod thing. My original died in October. The tripod thing, magnetic topper holder, and on switch blocker all seem like good improvements. Anyone else running one?

i went through the decoy phase many, many years ago. in my case it did not take me to long to decide there was no advantage to using one.

be interesting to ask you what you think of decoys 10 years from now. lol

Watch this video

Originally Posted By: Recon OpsI just wanted to throw my very quick review of these 2 decoys out there for you. It's actually not a very comprehensive review, but the main disappointment in each brand.

Well [beeep]. Haha hope that doesn’t happen to mine! I had the primos do the same thing. My old mojo just had the motor give out. Wanted another but they only had this one.

As for if needed or not, I’m chasing bobcats till spring with a goal of 2 more and everyone says a decoy is a must.

I've been using them for a long time and they have worked very well for me, I can't say that I use it on every stand, but I can say that I don't use any of them as they are built to be used, all of mine are modified, fast and simple..

My all time favorite is out of production but I've found suppliers for all the electronics and a ccessories to keep the four I have running as long as I live.

Last edited:
I bought a mojo a couple years ago. On the first stand I used it, a hawk swooped down and took off with the topper. With it being magnetic it just pulled right off. Idk if this can be considered a design flaw, but I had to order a new topper.

Originally Posted By: thesundancekid...a hawk swooped down and took off with the topper...

I had one come down and circle about eight feet above my e-caller/decoy setup, yesterday. He went around about four times and decided it didn't look tasty enough, and flew off.

I was using a Primos Stray Cat and their remote control arrangement has no range. It worked to about 30 to 50 yards when I first got it, but after a few uses it's down to 3 feet or no go. I've built a prototype 315MHz remote control from off-the-shelf (or off-eBay) components and tested it at home tonight. With it sitting on my bench, in the house, I took my rangefinder outside and walked up the street and hit the button from 177 yards out. Came back in, and it was on. That's enough testing, I think. Out in the open, I'm guessing the range would be even further. Lots of parked cars on the street, two trucks in the driveway plus a couple of trailers. That a lot of interference.

I didn't test it any further because it was very cold out (I didn't have a coat on and was wearing flip-flops) and I figure I'll give it some field testing in the next day or two. Has internal battery pack, jack for external power (12VDC), and switch for NORMALLY OPEN or NORMALLY CLOSED relay contact closure. SMA jack for antenna. The antenna in pics something I rigged up for testing, I've got some 315MHz rubber ducks on order.

remote-control1.jpg

remote-control2.jpg

You never know with decoys. My experience is mostly positive. Matt1953 and I were out a couple weeks ago and had a hard charge come barreling in, try to eat the decoy, knock the Shockwave off the yucca, then turn around and trot off so Matt could shoot him. A couple months ago I had the same call with same decoy going and had a coyote come running in only to turn inside and leave at Mach 1 as soon as he saw the decoy. Huh. Usually though, the decoy seems to help, or at least not hurt. Watch out for great horned owls though...

I have had nothing but positive reactions with decoys. Coyotes and cats being so locked in, my barking and whooping wouldn't stop them. I've had bobcats and coyotes come all the way and put their nose on the decoy and then freeze up presenting the perfect shot. I'm convinced decoys work!

My original mojo crapped out recently, it would only spin at half power then drain the batteries in just a few sets. I bought the new Mojo critter2. I just got it yesterday and I think it's going to work out just fine. I have a four more contests this year so it should see some good use in the next month and a half.

Last edited:
I'm a BIG fan of the Primos Sit-N-Spin. Like Wormydog - I am firm believer in using one. I have never had what I would call a negative experience with a decoy.

Hey ghost, I recently replaced my mojo as well. I didn't like the height of the decoy, I got some tubing from the shop welded a handle on it and 45* cut the bottom and got it 18" off the ground. I haven't tried it due to work/weather but I liked my old one.

Back