Silencerco

erikc838

Looks like I will get to try out Silencerco's warranty on my Harvester 30. It looks like the second baffle has started to come undone (if that makes sense). There is like a channel down the baffles that all line up and this one is now bent a little like a weld came undone or something. The baffle is a little out of round. It's not a strike. I would like to take a picture of it but it is difficult to see in there. Does anyone have any experience with this? I assume it can be fixed and the fact there is no damage to the tube is good thing.

Last edited:
Yes lol I have lots of experience with that. Twice actually.

The first time I think was a baffle strike. The bullet came out the front, looked bad. The second was just the second baffle like you noticed. But the groove all lined up is supposed to be there. The good news is they will take care of if for free and have it back in a few days. Two day turnaround. Great guys to deal with but I never really got an answer as to why this is happening. That second time was a 123 Amax out of a 260. If it hit the second baffle it somehow corrected itself enough to hit paper at 200 yds. Head scratcher for sure but I'm really wondering if these are tough enough to use often or if a guy is better off just using them on occasional hunting guns.

Originally Posted By: 204 AR...I'm really wondering if these are tough enough to use often or if a guy is better off just using them on occasional hunting guns.
Oh I hope not, mine sees the range as often as it goes hunting.. On 308s down to 223s.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlOriginally Posted By: 204 AR...I'm really wondering if these are tough enough to use often or if a guy is better off just using them on occasional hunting guns.
Oh I hope not, mine sees the range as often as it goes hunting.. On 308s down to 223s.

I hear ya. I love how light it is but I just can't believe my last incident was a strike. No way a bullet hits a baffle 1" from the muzzle then goes on to print on a 200 yd target. It wasn't a good group but that could be from the broken piece of baffle that was rattling around in there. Biggest caliber I have is a 270 WBY and it rarely gets fired. But as long as they fix it I guess I will keep using it!

Found your post last night. Was the only reason I was able to sleep I think.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARYes lol I have lots of experience with that. Twice actually.

The first time I think was a baffle strike. The bullet came out the front, looked bad. The second was just the second baffle like you noticed. But the groove all lined up is supposed to be there. The good news is they will take care of if for free and have it back in a few days. Two day turnaround. Great guys to deal with but I never really got an answer as to why this is happening. That second time was a 123 Amax out of a 260. If it hit the second baffle it somehow corrected itself enough to hit paper at 200 yds. Head scratcher for sure but I'm really wondering if these are tough enough to use often or if a guy is better off just using them on occasional hunting guns.

Looks like there is a chunk missing from the third baffle. The others I think is the normal groove that lines up.

It is difficult to tell from the photographs. In person, the piece isn't missing. Where it would normally end where the groove lines up, the end kind of raising up slightly. It looks like it pulled away slightly from where it is supposed to be and out of round compared to the others (flattened some on the right side).

204AR, did they ever tell you what is happening, or does anyone have any ideas. I have been shooting this thing for over 1.5 years with no issues.

They told me it wasn't uncommon for a bullet to destabilize right out of the muzzle then correct itself and not take out the whole stack. It's just hard to visualize that happening. But they don't really diagnose and give the info, when you call they just tell you it's covered and they will fix it and send back in two days. Of course you never talk to the service tech.

5 minutes on the phone with a real person and I received an RMA #. Said it would be re-cored and sent back like new within 48 hours of receiving it. No questions asked and no charge.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: erikc8385 minutes on the phone with a real person and I received an RMA #. Said it would be re-cored and sent back like new within 48 hours of receiving it. No questions asked and no charge. Sounds like all is well

Last edited:
Looks like it is scheduled to be back at my door Monday morning. Problem found on 4/1. Called SilencerCo on 4/3, shipped 4/3. Received near end of business on 4/6. Shipping notification (back to me) received on 4/12.

Originally Posted By: erikc838It's back, like the first day I brought it home

I recently had a similar experience. Some kind of baffle strike after two years of flawless use. Sent it back, no questions asked, no cost. Turn time was impressive.

Great customer service, just hope I don't have to use it again!!

Before

After. Totally re-cored looks like.

Well just dropped my Harvester at Fedex going to Silencerco. The weld on the third baffle appears to have come loose. Been shooting this one for three years almost to the day with no issues on everything from a 223 to a 308. Just as the other post, folks at Silencerco had a return label out to me in under an hour. They are going to re-core and have it back in a few days.
Just curious are your serial numbers around 600?

Originally Posted By: Return ncWell just dropped my Harvester at Fedex going to Silencerco. The weld on the third baffle appears to have come loose. Been shooting this one for three years almost to the day with no issues on everything from a 223 to a 308. Just as the other post, folks at Silencerco had a return label out to me in under an hour. They are going to re-core and have it back in a few days.
Just curious are your serial numbers around 600?
Just the fact youre going to get a recore is worth the hassel. Basically youll be getting a brand new can!!!!

Back