Dead Hawk!

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762Not sure which is more stupid; shooting the hawk or just openly coming forward and saying "I did it"

glad to know there is at least one more guy thinking the same thing i do.

Uhhhhh.....

you can add one more guy...

grin.gif

And another...

If the guy knew he was had, stepping forward makes a lot more sense than keeping quiet. Judges tend to like that type of thing, as do LEOs. Works out better for all of those involved.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Not sure which is more stupid; shooting the hawk or just openly coming forward and saying "I did it"

More Stupid,coming forward and saying I did it . They would have to prove it. Plus who's to say it didn't die from natural causes.

Originally Posted By: yotekiller47 Plus who's to say it didn't die from natural causes.

seriously?

well i guess somebody could of shot it right after it died of starvation, rickets or a heart attack.
lol.gif

Or a heart attack, Crashed into the ditch, a fence, target poster. Still think the guy was stupid for saying he did it.

Last edited:
I think I have figured out what probably happened. There was a mouse on the berm behind the target and the hawk flew in to get it as a shooter fired. Just wasn't the hawks day. This is why we need see thru targets.

Now that I think about it, owning up to a stupid mistake is kind of dumb. Now I know why the guy that hit my truck and took off didn't stop. Never did catch him so he did the smart thing. Besides, he was probably drunk to boot.

So, if I do something on accident that is against the law but I can get away with it if I just keep my trap shut, then I should go against my good morals and ethics and just keep my trap shut. Got it!
thumbup1.gif

Or I could just do the right thing and fess up like my Savior would want me to do.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootSo, if I do something on accident that is against the law but I can get away with it if I just keep my trap shut, then I should go against my good morals and ethics and just keep my trap shut. Got it!
thumbup1.gif

Or I could just do the right thing and fess up like my Savior would want me to do.
thumbup.gif

Well said my friend.

Originally Posted By: yotehunter6Originally Posted By: crapshootSo, if I do something on accident that is against the law but I can get away with it if I just keep my trap shut, then I should go against my good morals and ethics and just keep my trap shut. Got it!
thumbup1.gif

thumbup.gif

Well said my friend.

Good to see you around old friend.

Quote:He can work it out with the warden, the lesson will be a reminder to the rest of the club.

IDK! I'd give him a much better chance if he was dealing with a state GW. Most of those I've had contact with seem quite reasonalble......Feds, not so much (not based on personal contact but that of a close friend).

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762Not sure which is more stupid; shooting the hawk or just openly coming forward and saying "I did it"

glad to know there is at least one more guy thinking the same thing i do.

Uhhhhh.....

you can add one more guy...

grin.gif
... and another.

Whoever shot that Hawk saved the lives off a lot of rabbits. I'm not sure why anybody would care if someone shot a hawk. Yes it's illegal but so is having a couple beers and driving home. Someone is over-sensitive here in my opinion. I always hear stories about my dad his brother and my great-uncle driving around shooting them out the window. There were quail and rabbits back then too....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223Whoever shot that Hawk saved the lives off a lot of rabbits. I'm not sure why anybody would care if someone shot a hawk. Yes it's illegal but so is having a couple beers and driving home. Someone is over-sensitive here in my opinion. I always hear stories about my dad his brother and my great-uncle driving around shooting them out the window. There were quail and rabbits back then too....
I'm more or less leaning towards this way of thinking. Would I shoot a hawk? No. Would I tell you if I did?...No!!!lol...But no seriously. Send that guy to the Panhandle. The hawks are thick here.

My dad works for a guy that has pen raised quail for guided hunts. It's crazy how many hawks kill by flying over until the quail fly up in the net and they grab them. A lot of times they just pull the heads off trying to get them through the net. If I were him I'd be getting a hold of the game warden to come trap some hawks or something. It's stupid how many birds he loses.

Last edited:
Here is an option nobody mentioned yet.

Have the state wildlife officer issue a citation to the guy for shooting the hawk. The officer can request leniency on the citation by the court since the defendant self reported the violation. The defendant pleads guilty. The judge has the defendant pay a small fine or none at all.

The end result is the law is enforced, the defendant did the right thing by self reporting, the defendant pays a small fine or none at all. The mental anguish and embarrassment the defendant receives from the club membership for shooting the hawk is likely going to be worse than receiving the citation. Lessons learned and life goes on.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I'm not sure why anybody would care if someone shot a hawk. Yes it's illegal but so is having a couple beers and driving home.

So as long as one disagrees with a law it's OK to break it?

Back