Post Pics Of Your Hunting/Predator/Varmit AR Here !!

My coyote plinking rig.
Leupold Mark 4, 18" Compass Lake Engineering barrel w/ CLE match chamber, Allen Engineering AEM5 suppressor, Colt BCG, Geissele HS NM match rifle trigger, PRI, ARMS, Magpul, etc. Oh, and a whole lotta Krylon!

Brad

Nice.... I hope to do my first intentional coyote hunt this year. Shot a few "doing or about to do harm". This will be my first year "hunting".

DNR Officers wording, not mine, lol

Not quite finished...still need a short section of bottom rail to mount my Atlas Bipod.

38690815211_dcbc7973a1_b.jpg

38690818141_19d41782df_b.jpg

The first AR I ever held outside of a gun-shop and the first AR I ever shot is one I built.
cool.gif

I used Aero Precision upper and lower recievers, a Lothar Walther 1-7 twist 16" barrel, SLR adjustable gas block, Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider, Larue trigger, ACE stock, and Palmetto State BCG.

I haven't scored a coyote with it yet, just got a Cabela's 1-6x last night.
But I did take it to the range to make sure it works and see how it shoots with a borrowed scope.

20180103_122835-L.jpg

20170318_135436-M.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ctal72 Imgur

DPMS lower/AR Stoner upper
15” Mlok free float rail
Caldwell bipod
Fore end grip
Vortex 3x9x50

Here ya go bud. I like your hunting chair in the background. lol

johral,

How do you like the SLR rail (Ion Lite M-Lok?)? I'm looking at the 11" solo lite for my DTech mid length 18" fluted Shilen. Enough to cover the gas block without covering the fluting. SLR is one of the few that offer a quality 11" free float with a good lockup system.

Originally Posted By: Sniper66johral,

How do you like the SLR rail (Ion Lite M-Lok?)? I'm looking at the 11" solo lite for my DTech mid length 18" fluted Shilen. Enough to cover the gas block without covering the fluting. SLR is one of the few that offer a quality 11" free float with a good lockup system.

I know the question wasn't directed towards me, but I'd like to comment. SLR's are now my go to handguard. They are extremely well built, light, and they look great. They also come with so many options that you'd be hard pressed not to find something in their line up that would suite your needs perfectly.

I currently own 3 and will be adding another one in the near future.

Thanks for the reply. The only problem I didn't anticipate with the 1.35 ID was I'd have to change my gas block. It's Mike's own clamp on design. That and it's a .875, so I'm really pushing clearance with nothing less than a low pro set screw gb. I'm waiting for SLR to offer a Shot Show special on the handguard, which they said would happen. RighttoBearArms.com has good prices on several SLR's but not the model I'm looking for.

Back