ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Red leg- mine are individuals. I also forgot to post it up, but I also got my second one back on October 6. It was purchased end of April

I'll say the times are dropping significantly. My trust submission was filed 2 weeks after 41F took effect. I got it 13 months later.

sent paperwork in on 3-27-17
check cashed 6-6-17
picked it up 11-13-17

funny thing was the first check was cashed within a week
individual not trust btw

Check cashed at ATF June 19, 2017
Approved by ATF October 23, 2017

Check Cashed by ATF June 19, 2017
Approved by ATF November 8, 2017

Both stamps have been lost in the mail. Just my luck, now an additional 30-45 days.

Looks like I'll be going individual route from here on. Purchased my most recent can over a year ago and after the form 3 went through my form 4 should have went pending in Feb/March.

This is asinine

Originally Posted By: Redleg84Looks like I'll be going individual route from here on. Purchased my most recent can over a year ago and after the form 3 went through my form 4 should have went pending in Feb/March.

This is asinine

Are you saying it still has not gone pending. They go pending as soon as your check is cashed. If yours is not after a year then my guess is they have not received it.

Last edited:
Just called and found out mine was approved before the new year.

Went pending /check cashed in March and was approved 12/29/17

Trust

My form 4 was denied, after having already purchased and received two other suppressors. Only thing the form 4 said was FBI denial. At this same time my license to carry was due and it went through no problem with FBI approval. I contacted the ATF agent responsible form my form and all she said is the FBI denied it so you to talk with them. I did the electronic appeal and received a letter stating they cannot process the appeal but to do the Volunteer Appeal File and request a UPIN. I submitted all forms including the application, copy of my LTC, copies of previous two tax statement and 2 months later I still have not heard anything. I have sent letters requesting status, no response. There is no phone number you call, I’m beyond pissed. I have done nothing wrong yet I can’t even a response as to why it was turned down. They have my fingerprints so if I’m mixed up with someone else that should clear me. Does anyone have a contact within the NICS system of the FBI? I just want to get this resolved and get my suppressor.

Originally Posted By: kdanfordMy form 4 was denied, after having already purchased and received two other suppressors. Only thing the form 4 said was FBI denial. At this same time my license to carry was due and it went through no problem with FBI approval. I contacted the ATF agent responsible form my form and all she said is the FBI denied it so you to talk with them. I did the electronic appeal and received a letter stating they cannot process the appeal but to do the Volunteer Appeal File and request a UPIN. I submitted all forms including the application, copy of my LTC, copies of previous two tax statement and 2 months later I still have not heard anything. I have sent letters requesting status, no response. There is no phone number you call, I’m beyond pissed. I have done nothing wrong yet I can’t even a response as to why it was turned down. They have my fingerprints so if I’m mixed up with someone else that should clear me. Does anyone have a contact within the NICS system of the FBI? I just want to get this resolved and get my suppressor.
I can’t tell you regarding the FBI. Hopefully someone will chime in. If your Senator is gun friendly, I would contact their office.

Did you use a Trust or file your Form 4 as an individual?

I've heard they are coming back a lot quicker for the people who filed their Form 4 as a individual.

I could have just as well did an individual I didn’t have anyone to put on a trust anyway. At the time they’ve told me the trust was the quickest way to go so that’s what I did.

Back