ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Originally Posted By: jim62Well maybe they are getting caught up a bit,finally.

I'll buy some more next month and see...
thumbup1.gif

How will a guy know when yours is ready. Do they call you or send you a letter I did my paper work in the middle of January. I called the atf number about a week ago and they said it was pending. I asked her what threat meant and she really didn't answer the question.

Originally Posted By: devildoggHow will a guy know when yours is ready. Do they call you or send you a letter I did my paper work in the middle of January. I called the atf number about a week ago and they said it was pending. I asked her what threat meant and she really didn't answer the question.

ATF will send the paperwork to your SOT. When they receive it, they should contact you and make arrangements to pick up your new suppressor.

I'm at fourteen and a half months on an SBR ( submitted right before the new law). I'm at fourteen months on a suppressor ( submitted right after he new law). Got paperwork back 6-8 weeks ago on SBR, I had included my name with the trust and needed to cross it out and initial and send back. Heard nothing on either since. The dealer had one go out that was locked up for eighteen months. How is that even possible? How much longer do I have to wait on mine?

I just picked up mine

Check cashed 2-8-17
Received tax stamp 9-15-17

Talked to the salesperson and he said the local atf agent
said the wait times are going to get a lot shorter
We will see

Originally Posted By: kal52I just picked up mine

Check cashed 2-8-17

We will see
am i seeing your dates correctly???

7 months?

Originally Posted By: Catdog1Originally Posted By: kal52I just picked up mine

Check cashed 2-8-17

We will see
am i seeing your dates correctly???
7 months?

WTH? Where's mine?

ATF cashed ck 02-25. Gun shop called this morning 09-25 with stamp in hand. Should have taken about 20 minutes instead of this.

Last edited:
Dry Creek- you use a trust or not? My dealer says he has seen some in 7 months and others that were 12 months come in the last week.

I have 2 cans in the vault/dealer.

1 was received (ATFE) March 7th 2017 and is under review

1 was received (ATFE) on April 27th and is Pending
Not sure what the difference is???

A buddy of mine sent his in a week before me and has already picked up his can.

Sounds like some agents work much faster than many others!!

I picked up my suppressor today. The dealer told me the times are dropping significantly.
March 3- bought
March 23- check cashed
October 2- approved

Are these trusts or individual? I have one that was cashed in later March, might have it sooner than I thought by looking at these dates

Originally Posted By: Redleg84Are these trusts or individual? I have one that was cashed in later March, might have it sooner than I thought by looking at these dates

One of mine was cashed March 7th.

Hopefully I will hear something early this week!

Back