ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

I don't think the Feds know where they are! I called 7 days ago and they tell me they are working on the 15-18 of last July. Today I call and am told their not to the 13th yet. If they can check on you and "authorize" a .50 cal rifle or a semi auto 308 or a .44 mag. pistol, the actual weapon over the phone in a matter of minute. Then why the heck does it take 11 months to ok a suppresser?

Yeah I called NFA branch on Form 1 for my old work 870 sent several days before deadline. Transaction went thru 7/20/16.

First a recording came on saying Forms are taking eight months. I punched number because it's been near 11 months.

Gave lady my S/N and she says "it's been pending for 90 days, you should get it sometime in July."

Told her thanks and hung up before cursing.

12 months almost to the day.i bought it in june the 7 they cashed the check on the 20th.i got it when I got hone from the bear hunt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spidermanI'm at 11 months now , purchased July 12 last year so we'll see how much longer it takes for mine. Can you say " Jinks" ?

I think the 11 month mark is not from when you bought your suppresser. But when the Feds cash your check for the paper work they cashed mine on July 22nd last year. But I bought my suppresser in June.

Yeah, approved June 13th, now just waiting on dealer to receive which they said could take up to 30 days.
Bought in June 2016 Feds cashed check on July 22nd 2016 and approved June 13th 2017. Hope this helps others with time questions.

Well the Stamp came in today and my Thunder Beast was released from jail!! Yeah! But for those waiting here is the time line....
June 16, 2016 bought.
July 21, 2016 Feds cashed check.
June 16, 2017 stamp approved.
July 5, 2017 stamp showed up at my gun shop.
Good luck hopefully they will fix this time issue in the future it crazy.

Called today , July 7 . My suppressor was approved July 5 . Now the wait for it to get mailed to my gun shop. Count down to happy.
thumbup.gif
Purchased July 12 last year.

Last edited:
Woooo hoooo . Just a year and two days and my tax stamp is at the dealer. They are in Des Moines and it is just a quick 140 mile trip (one way ) and get that puppy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics will follow . Hope this doesn't discourage too many to purchase one. Jim

With all the local dealers here talking about slow sales due to folks waiting on the HPA, Shush, or other legislation, it seems to me that wait times should start decreasing soon, but I am sure that there are lot of contingencies that I am not aware of.

Well my stamp was approved on 6/15/17 and as of 7/16/17 still no stamp at my dealer so I guess I will have to file for a certified copy of it now. This is just plain Bull Crap glad we don't run our business this way.

I don't think I would get to worried yet. They had a 2 week holiday around the 4th. Give it a little more time. I have seen dealers say they don't have them yet just because they think they don't have time for you right now. It happens.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERI don't think I would get to worried yet. They had a 2 week holiday around the 4th. Give it a little more time. I have seen dealers say they don't have them yet just because they think they don't have time for you right now. It happens.

This is one of the really sucky parts about getting suppressors, everyone gets their money up front while you're left with nothing for the next 9 months to a year or sometimes more.

Back