KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: family guySkypup, can you compare the B.E. Meyers to the SPIR?

It is much brighter and more highly concentrated than my LDI SPIR.

I tried to take some more NV photos of the MAWL to get a better representation of this things super high performance.

Let me say it is very difficult to get good NV photos of it in action at any of the setting since the IR Illuminator is so very bright.

On Low it sends out a 180 degree beam that lights up the entire area from your feet out 150 feet or so, everything is lit up.

On Medium it sends out a concentrate bright beam that makes it difficult to get the laser dot with the camera, even turning down the IIT Pinnacle gain, it still over powers the camera.

On High it is next to worthless to take a NV photo of the super intense highly concentrated IR Illum beam wipes out most of everything.

Fortunately it looks beautiful through the PVS-14s with zero problems, simply outstanding and most excellent everywhere all the time no matter what. It most definitely rules the roost of civvy IR lasers, blowing away anything else I've ever used. The Illuminator is similar to my LDI SPIR but even more concentrated and way more than any of my DBAL-D2s or DBAL-A3s.

I guess the IR Illuminator needs more camera lens speed to cut down on the intense IR light overload.....?

Anyway, here are some representative pics on each of the three setting at 200 yards with and without a USGI 3X Magnifier:

MAWL%20LOW%20200%20yards.jpg

MAWL%20LOW%20200%20YARDS%203X%20MAG.jpg

MAWL%20MED%20200%20Yards.jpg

MAWL%20MED%20200%20YARDS%203X%20MAG.jpg

MAWL%20HIGH%20200%20Yards.jpg

MAWL%20HIGH%20200%20YARDS%203X%20MAG.jpg

Sneak peek of the Q14B Boson 320 core with a 25mm objective that will perform similar to many current 640 cores....soon to be on my helmets and rifles.[:)]

Q14BWEB.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupFLIR Boson 320 core Pan/Tilt M-series for vehicle scanning for $2,500.

http://www.flir.com/marine/m100/

Why does Flir only offer this in 9 Hz? If it had a higher refresh rate, I would sell my Scout III 640 and buy this. A pretty cool product though.

Have also looked at the PathfindIR II, same deal.

Thanks.

Simple, 9 Hz is legal to take in and out of the country on a yacht/boat without interfering with ITAR regulations and federal criminal statutes, 30Hz is illegal to take out of country into international waters/lands.

30 Hz always costs more and you will need one of the higher end more expensive units to get it..

The FLIR M-24s sure do put down a lot of vermin for me, makes it super easy to hike the forest grades on the lookout for heat signatures, probably the most enjoyable setup I have until I get the new FLIR Q-14B Boson head gear and TWS soon!

Managed to hit six solidly but only recovered three due to them making it in the dense palmetto underbrush where even thermal is useless....

Selfie.jpg

First%20Two.jpg

Hog6.jpg

Ruger 10-22 with FLIR RS-64 and Gemtech Mist Integral Suppressor shooting Winchester .22LR 42 grain SubSonics.

Splat, Splat, Splat, Splat is all you hear as the slugs tear the Dillon bodies all apart.

Got 12 in the yard last month and off to a good start this month!

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_4130.JPG

These are the best .22 HPs I've ever used.

That's a nice 10/22 barrel SkyPup. At 114 dB, that's pretty sweet. How is the accuracy of the barrel?

I see it is for the take-down models so I assume it can't be used with non-take down?

Accuracy is superb using the subsonic Winchester 42 grain pills, it also works well with normal and high velocity .22 ammo but is a little bit louder.

With subsonic ammo all you hear is the bolt click and the bullet hitting, nothing else at all.

You only need one tax stamp for it as the barrel shroud is 16" long and it is NOT an SBR.

You can use it on take down and non-take down, my is non-take down.

Q14BWEB.jpg

Does anybody know which of the 30 different Boson models of handheld scanners, helmet scanners, Clip-Ons, and thermal weapons scopes will have internal video recording to micro high speed Class 10 SDHC cards?

Or will they have have that capability built into them?

I got to use a new Boson Q14-B with a manual focus 25mm objective lens the last two nights out hog hunting and am throughly impressed, am sticking by my statement that the 320 Boson core view is as good as most current 640 cores except for the narrower FOV. Pretty much provided almost the exact same vivid image as my 640 TAU2 core FLIR M-18s do, which is impressive to say the least.

The CR-123 Battery is the heaviest component to it and the entire unit probably weighs about the same as 4-CR-123 batteries, making it super nice as a helmet mounted detection scanner. Super lightweight, super handy, very small, with a big viewing screen image. The 1X, 2X, 4X and 8X digital magnifications all work just fine.

This particular lens was an experimental lens and worked great but did not have a great depth of view when focused, I think different diopter settings would change that but could not mess with that in the dark and with the 320 Boson core I would prefer a smaller 19mm lens for more FOV, depth of field, and less range, although with a 640 core Boson core the 25mm objective would be totally awesome and provide much more FOV and range distance clarity. Out 250 yards scanning was not a problem with this lens though, which was the range of my elevated shooting stand to the other side of the food plot, feeder was laser ranged at 175 yards and everything was in plain view with all palette settings.

Pretty awesome for such a tiny lightweight thermal kit.

The Q14-B Boson core 12 micron 320 core is some kind of handy functional kit.

It has alot of additional image control features I wish had been built into the previous RS series scopes that virtually have changed the entire setup for the end user.

There are now 100 variation settings for the AGC (automatic gain control) to adjust to personal preferences or you can turn off AGC and manually adjust.

There are also 100 variation settings for both Sharpness and Contrast and Brightness to allow you to fine turn you own individual preferences in the menu and save your adjustments as a User Preset so that it boots up exactly the way you want it each and everytime!

Many different reticules and reticule color choices and a boresight adjustment to adjust and save your reticule position on different rifles after targeting each different one.

Also some new and to me very exciting color pallettes, including one I had not seen before that is absolutely totally functional for scanning heat signatures for targeting or finding downed targets. Urban Glow looks like a major extension over the Graded Fire pallette, it has a fire red-orange bright tightly contrasted heat signature target in basic black hot mode that I was able to adjust to the point to the only thing showing in the image was the highly lite up and contrasted target, major improvement over the previous Red Alert pallette for much more precise location of thermal signatures while muting out anything else, only the heat signature lights up.

The ocular lens on the Q14-B is not a PVS-14 copy but a little bit smaller with a rotary diopter adjustment, while the objective lens was a manual rotary adjustable lens too.

I really like the ability to go into the menu and adjust all the various parameter settings and save them as you like so that when you first turn it on it boots right into your favorite setting. Boot up time is about 4-5 seconds and then you are GTG.

Did I say this kit is tiny and lightweight?

My Colt Jr. .25 ACP is four inches long and weighs three times what the Q-14B weighs.

My Spyderco Enduro is five inches long and weighs twice what the Q-14B weighs.

Q14B%20Colt%20Jr.jpg

Q14%20Gun%20Knife.jpg

Q14%20Lens.jpg

I could see about 150 feet horizontal at 200 yards distance, which was enough to target and kill this 520 pound boar hog last night!

Guy%20on%20Hog.jpg

ATV%20Hog.jpg

520%20Scale.jpg

Last edited:
Here is that Boar Hog's last selfie prior to running into us and the 6.8SPC and 6.5 Grendel.

Game%20Cam%20Hog.JPG

Daytime shot of the two crack pipes where he went down:

Crack%20Pipes.jpg

Back