ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrCheck cashed July 19th. Picked up my dead air ghost today!

You're going to love it! Got mine out of jail last fall and it's awesome!!!

Originally Posted By: whyCheck cashed 7-12-16. I picked up today 9 months 3 weeks. Interesting, I have the same check cashed/pending date and as of Fri it was STILL pending, looks like I'm stuck in the slow examiner pile. My two most recent stamps took about two weeks to receive after approval so I figure I have at least another 3 weeks.

Hey guys! So I'm new to the suppressor community and had a few questions. Still not very well versed in form 3's 4's and all the other blah blah blah but I'm slowly learning. Here's the deal.

Bought one on Feb 22- got my finger prints, picture, trust taken care of thinking it would be one month until it came into the shop and we could move on to the next step. It ended up taking right at two months. It's at the shop now and I can shoot it at their range. That's honky dory if you want to shoot paper or steel. I'd rather shoot coyotes!! Haha

Sent all my paperwork in maybe two weeks ago (tax stamp check still not cashed)

My question for you guys is when do yall think I should be raising some eyebrows about when I get my tax stamp? 10 months from Feb 22 or 10 months from the end of April- I'm being pretty optimistic about the 10 months. Just hoping to catch the tail end of next year's fur season.

I know they're super backed up with paperwork and I'm trying super hard to be patient.

Any and all replies welcome and thanks in advance!!

Probably no way to tell. We're in uncharted waters. I had one check cashed 8-1-16, just after 41F. Once they get to the 41F cutoff, it may go faster. A lot of guys quit buying because of the extra hassle of 41F so hopefully, times will go down, but it's too soon to be sure.

Nighthawk 87 I bought mine last June on like the 16th I think. My check was cashed on July 22nd by the Feds and I am expecting to get a call any day now. Based on some on here that we're a few days before me getting their checks cashed. But I have heard June, July, last year were the busiest ever with people buying suppresser. So things maybe even slower, if that's possible!

Last edited:
I went bought my first and only(so far) can through Silencer Shop. Paid them via CC on April 24 of last year. It was out of stock at the time, expected time 15 days. Form 3 to JoeBobOutfitters.com was good 8/1/2016. Form 4 was submitted on 6/24/16 and Joe Bob's(They're local to me) called me on 4/17/17 to come pickup the invisible toy that I'd almost forgotten about.

I got in just before the 41f rules went into effect and would expect the wait to a be little shorter after the 41f wave subsides.

Because this was all done through SilencerShop they could file the form 4 while the form 3 was pending. After submitting this I realized how the dates could cause some confusion.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the feedback guys! This whole process has been pretty confusing and a little overwhelming. My tax stamp check was cashed on the 8th which confirms that the gun shop sent my paperwork. I was beginning to wonder since it is not in their best interest if I actually get my can faster- they can sell me a membership to a gun range that I don't really care to shoot at while I get my conjugal visits. Haha I just can't wrap my head around shooting paper targets for an entire afternoon!! I'm a simple minded farmer who enjoys shooting things that go kersplat!! But I suppose I will have to come around if I care to utilize the equipment that has cost me nearly $1200!!! Hahaha I believe I chose the wrong career!

I have a trust and ordered suppresser in June on 25. The check cleared on July 22,. The Feds are working on the 13th of July and said I would be a few more weeks. Just thought I would give some of you an update where they are!!

Still waiting 10 more days it will be 11 months since it was bought.

quote=HouseCat]I bought a omega from a LGS on 7-6-16 ATF received it 7-13-16 it went in on a existing trust called yesterday 4-25-17 its still pending. She said they are at ten months and are starting on the 41F now. [/quote]

Called the federal number and my check cashed July 22, 2016 currently they are working on the 15th through the 18th of last July.

I called Tuesday 5-30-2017 and the lady told me mine had been approved on 5-21-2017 which is a Sunday and that they had 10 days to get the stamp to my dealer. Friday 6-2-2017 was 10 working days and still no call from my dealer. I am going to give him a holler on Monday to see if he has seen any sign of my stamp.

Originally Posted By: HouseCatI bought a omega from a LGS on 7-6-16 ATF received it 7-13-16 it went in on a existing trust called yesterday 4-25-17 its still pending. She said they are at ten months and are starting on the 41F now.

Back