Massachusetts predator hunters

thats cool! I remember Bob's store and visited on occaision. That was a long time ago!!

I grew up in acushnet and mattapoisett and never heard or saw a coyote until I moved to dartmouth in 1994.

I missed number 23 yesterday. It was a long shot and I let my excitment get the best of me. Came out on coyotes fighting... Great hunt...now I am on a mission

Any massachusetts residents feeling generous?? I'm selling raffle tickets for the Shriners Sportsmans of MA
20170317_030058_zpsan0bqnir_edit_1490106099789_zps2a5kphbk.jpg

Please PM me if your interested. Thank you for your support

Originally Posted By: magurohuntertwo more this last week. now standing at 26!!

Some more details other than numbers would be great and more informative. Not to be a jerk but every year when mass seasons closed you finally log in and continually post your Rhode Island numbers with no pictures, hunt stories, substance, etc..

Congrats on 26 though, that's a great accomplishment in the northeast.

Hey Larueminati
Great to hear from you! yep RI is pretty fun. I'll try and get some pics up and have a bunch. It was a great season and my pal hit my LC spot on Sat April 15 and got two more there. One recovered and the other rolled into the thick. 13 from one property since Jan 1 is pretty amazing. It is so crazy thick there and now wet, tracking is aweful so no complaints on not recovering dog 2. Much easier when frozen. I was fishing down south so took a pass.

Southeastern RI has more dogs than anywhere I have hunted. So much in-accessable property and the goofy program to hunt on private property only creates opportunity for coyote population growth. I did get #27 there on April 7. Took three sets. Finally, a nice male came in to rally howls. He stopped at 120 yards, hit him hard. Spinner and connected again after to FTF a miss, and FTF. AR is a great platform, but I struggle sometimes. Sorry to disappoint with lack of details over the season...did not want to be space hog.

My daughter dumped a full glass of water into my computer in January so I have not updated my photobucket thing. I'll try and do that tonight.

Anyone out there trying to call in bears in the second season ? They are working the beechnuts where there are any, but I find them pretty spotty. I tried fawn and goat bleats on my Hellfire a couple times but only called in four angry does.

I'm not sure how legal it would be to use an electronic caller in our state. I did call in two different bears during spring turkey season a couple years ago. I was using a slate call and both definitely came in because of the calling.

Its legal, spelled out in the abstracts. I often use a turkey call to cover my steps when walking in noisy woods for bear and deer hunting. I have walked up on bears while turkey hunting pretty often over the years, but never had one respond that I know of.

Bear hunting with an electronic caller is 100% legal.
Its legal, spelled out in the abstracts.

Would one of you W. Mass. guys be kind enough to tell me exactly where in the abstracts you found that electronic callers are legal for bears in Mass.?

I can't seem to find anything about them being legal only that electronic callers are illegal for game birds, turkey, or deer.

Back