KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

There is some amazing things coming down the pike shortly!

"In the collaboration, FLIR will integrate a Myriad 2 Vision Processing Unit (VPU) into the Boson camera core, enabling image processing at low power dissipation and bringing artificial intelligence to thermal imaging products. Myriad 2 is a vision processor capable of computer vision operations in such fields as deep learning, spatial computing and depth extraction, in a low-power package."

"Customized collaboratively with FLIR, the Myriad 2’s 12 programmable vision cores allowed FLIR to implement advanced image processing, super resolution, noise filtering, and blending algorithms, while still leaving compute resources available on-chip for customers to implement additional image processing and analytic algorithms."

"FLIR’s Boson is now available in 320 or 640 VOx microbolometer infrared arrays that have a 12 µm pixel pitch, multiple field of view options, and multiple levels of sensitivity starting at

Acht Mein Gott!

FLIR HELIOS Long Range 3,000 yard BOSON Bino!
watch

Originally Posted By: family guyHow is the image quality Q-14 640 going to compare to the IR Patrol 250 at distances over 200 yards.

That remains to be seen since no one has a 640 core Q-14 until they are produced later on this year.

Once they are released for sale there will be an awful lot of cheap used thermal equipment for sale in the used equipment forums!

The integrated video microprocessor in the BOSON cores is spectacular though.

Originally Posted By: family guySo how does the image of the Q-14 320 that you were holding compare to say a scout III 320?

Really no comparison, the Boson core and it's separate integrated Modilus video imaging microprocessor are way ahead of anything else period.

The FLIR BOSON cores are so powerful, tiny, light weight, energy efficient, multi-tasking, and low cost that they are a total game changer.

You have some nice equipment skypup. I am hoping to be in the thermal game by next night season. I had my mind set on the pulsar for scanning but that q-14 seems like it would be the sweet setup on a helmet mount especially for the price.

Back