Craziest stand ever 4 shotgunned coyotes! Not enough ammo!

Woot! That's just too crazy. And too much fun!

My very limited experience I am tending to agree with you on the pellet count with heavier than lead shot, too. I have only been using a shotgun this one season, but have needed fewer follow ups and had more DRT's with hevi BB 70 pellet payloads and the Fed. HW #2's were the most effective killing load I've used so far. Those shells seemed almost like magic to me. A shame that shot isn't available anymore. I did find some 3.5's in stock somewhere, but the cost was so high I figured I'd be better off buying TSS.

- DAA

Wow, Going to be hard to top that one
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: jacob wiebewhat shotguns were u using?

I was using a Remington 11-87 with a 28" barrel that I have had since around 1993, I had a Carlson's Extended Imp/Mod Sporting Clays choke in it.

Thanks for all of the great replies gentlemen!

Great story Bob.Just curious why you chose that choke?Pretty much all of the posts I see with Rem shotguns talk of much tighter constrictions for coyote hunting.

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Great story Bob.Just curious why you chose that choke?Pretty much all of the posts I see with Rem shotguns talk of much tighter constrictions for coyote hunting.

I have to shoot lead free shot so I use the denser than lead tungsten alloy shot that is very hard. This stuff patterns very tight.

I don't plan on shooting at coyotes at over 40 yards so I really don't want a real tight pattern at 40 yards. Imp/Mod chokes are between Mod and Full.

My Federal Heavyweight #2 shot reloads and TSS #4 shot reloads pattern pretty tight through my Modified choke.

Back