Some cool polls for you guys - see what everybody likes and hates

thumbdown.gif
your poll sucks...it aint even fair....I use nothing but Lee and they have always treated me with good service and respect...

Originally Posted By: johnnyjr
thumbdown.gif
your poll sucks...it aint even fair....I use nothing but Lee and they have always treated me with good service and respect...

Good for you, but obviously there's more than a few folks, according to the polls, who can't make that same statement.
rolleyes.gif

There really weren't any surprises in those polls to me based on personal experience and info from others when I was first getting into reloading a few years ago and I looked for a lot of info and opinions back then.

I've also had great experience with Lee. I really like their collet dies and 4-holer progressive press. I have to say Redding is the best build quality of your choices in my experience.

This poll is skewed and biased. Your opening comments are negative towards lee comparing them to a Yugo and having misgivings about including them. Every person who participated in this poll read those comments first. How can that not affect the outcome?

I didn't participate in the poll and I have no stock in Lee. I own reloading equipment from all the manufacturers named and many not named. A good question might have been: "Which manufacturer provides the best value for price?".

Was this poll solicited by a manufacturer or did you just decide they need the info?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: robjacobsThis poll is skewed...A good question might have been: "Which manufacturer provides the best value for price?".
Lee, its good enough for mee....

I've been reloading for over 50 years. Along with my reloading items mostly purchased new, in the last 25 years I have bought boxes of reloading stuff from estates and guys just getting out of it. Sooner or latter I got a chance to try most things or order replacement parts even if it was something I didn't load for. Your survey results do not track my findings.

Lee has been great for me, ive had rcbs Horn Sierra what i find is these other company's take LEES ideas / products improve upon them and charge twice as much Kind like CHINA copys every one !

I think I'm done with Lee. Just better options. A cam link on my press just broke and now I got to send them cash to get a replacement. If it was rcbs it would not have broke and if it did, the replacement would be free of charge. I also hate the Lee resizing die deprimer rod lock setup.....always slipping.
WDO

we all have our likes and dislikes and perhaps It boils down to a matter of what each of us prefers. still the data is useful and again kudos for the posting. guy

Man,There are a bunch of Lee haters on this forum. There is reloading equipment from every mfg. that doesn't make the grade,and yes,Lee has a few duds. Their standard reloading dies will run neck to neck with any other brand with ammo accuracy.
Over the past 37 years,I've bought and used products from every reloading equipment mfg.. Some worked good,some didn't. I've got a rainbow of colors in my reloading arsenal,and I'm not worried about a poll that has a great deal of bias included in it.

I see the lee mechanical scale is rated to be the worst I have been using mine for over 5 years.I think its a simple design to use.Should I get an electronic scale to double check it?

The lee aluminum cam links break all the time they will replace for free.You can do it on line send them a picture of the broken part but it will just break again.I have broken 2 sets and now use one from a lee turret press someone gave me.What they should do is give us an updated steel part.I will ask them and see what happens.

I bought 204 ruger Lee Redding die I use the Redding back up. The only trouble I hade lately on 280 I full length size brass. The bullet would slip right in. I call they said to use sand.

Paper on 280 pin to get it to work right. I sent them a email back and said if u can't send me a new 280 pin I will box all my Lee die up and send them back to buy rcbs die. 2 days later i had a new pin. I did trade for a rcbs 280 rem die set. I always keep a extra die set for each cal. Lee has done me ok but not as good as RCBS.

Back