2015 Hunter of the Year

DesertRam

Director
Staff member
Well now that fall is finally here, hunting seasons are in full swing in most of the country, and many of us are out there chasing whatever critter(s) get our blood pumping, I'm resurrecting the 12 best hunting stories posted on Predator Masters in 2015 for your viewing pleasure. In each month of 2015, stories from several members were identified as some of the best representations of the outdoor activity we love and come here to share. The rest of the membership then voted for their favorite hunting tale, selecting the Hunter of the Month. Now, you get to choose from those fantastic self-told tales the cream of the crop. What do you like most? Coyotes? Wolves? Mountain lions? Great big fish? Kids out there getting in done? 2015 had all of those and more, and now here they are again.

To recap, the winning posts from each month are linked below.

JANUARY. Congrats to Infidel 762 on his story DARKSIDE OF THE MOON

In FEBRUARY Huntinaz really got our attention when he proclaimed "AZ Lion Down!"

Back in MARCH RockinU shared with us his Pretty good night

APRIL. Congrats to Monnshine44 on his story Got one this morning, and this time I've got pictures!

Infidel 762 was chosen again in MAY for his post ~Wh0 iz Laughing N0w~.

JUNE. Congratulations to batman1262 for his winning post titled "First Double!!!".

JULY. Congratulations to Wile E Coyotie, who won with his story 47 inch Dragon.

Then in AUGUST Switch was selected for posting Limits for my girls. Congratulations!

In SEPTEMBER, crapshoot's inspiring tale Mentoring got the nod from readers.

In OCTOBER, the well deserved win went to jcs271 for his tale of Wilderness Wolf Hunting.

NOVEMBER Congratulations to DAA for his winning saga Getting out amongst 'em.

In DECEMBER, jcs271 pulled an encore by adding a mountain lion to the wolf he killed earlier in the year. Congrats on Christmas came early (and it weighed 156 pounds!)

Those 12 winners will now go head to head in the final showdown of 2015, just in time to warm us up for the upcoming fall and winter hunting seasons. How better to get us motivated to get out there amongst them with gun, bow, shotgun, muzzleloader, or even camera? As shown by these 12 stories, the great outdoors are waiting. It's up to us to seize the opportunities. And when you do, don't forget to share with the rest of us.

The author of the story with the most votes will take his pick of the following prizes. The second place hunter will then get to take his pick. The author of the third place story will receive the remaining prize.

First up is a dandy little .22 rifle/scope combo courtesy of Savage Arms, one of our most consistently generous sponsors. Savage donated a bunch of rifles for us to raffle off at the Convention earlier this year, including two other rifles just like this that were provided for the kids to use in the Youth Egg Shoot. The crew at Savage is made up of a great bunch of folks who put their money where their mouths are. Savage is definitely worthy of your consideration if you're in the market for a new rifle.

The rifle must be legal to possess in the winner's state of residence and has to ship to the winner's FFL. The winner must provide the required FFL information to Predator Masters's FFL, SnowmanMo of Predator Technology Group.

The next available prize package is for gadget junkies. It consists of a Drill Dr. drill bit sharpener and a Bernzomatic butane torch. These items were provided by member and moderator 220_swift. Thanks T, we appreciate the gear you've offered and that I've given away the past few months.
HOYPrize2_zpspvlplpxk.jpg

Another option is this Mojo decoy package consisting of a Mojo Puppy, Mojo Woodpecker, and Mojo Critter decoys. These items were provided initially by Mojo Outdoors and were raffled off at the Convention in February. Quite graciously, the folks who won these as prizes donated them back to Predator Masters for me to give to other members in the Hunter of the xxx contests. So to Mojo, which is a manufacturer of great gear for predator hunters and a solid sponsor of this site, and to those who added these to my prize box - thanks! You guys rock.
HOYPrize3_zpsbwqgza2u.jpg

As with the Hunter of the Month, I'm going to randomly select a username from those who reply to this thread with "I voted." The person whose name is selected will get to select his or her choice of a Mojo Critter, Mojo Woodpecker, two 30-round Magpul Pmags, a custom four-drop lanyard, or a custom hand call. I'll work with the winner to find the right prize.

Cast your vote now!

Voted.

Last night on the way to a neighboring town we (whole family) drove by the place we parked when we killed that lion. My oldest daughter recognized it, even in the dark. "That's where we got the lion!" she said. Man that was a great time.

Back