Breaking in the new Foxpro

H82Miss

Breaking in the new Foxpro

Last February I bought a new Foxpro Fusion after officially retiring my 532b. The good ole 532b gave me many years of great service but it was time to upgrade. Today was the first chance I’ve had to get it out in the field and give the new Fusion a try.
Jjess arrived at my place around 0830 hrs, loaded his gear, and we headed out. We made our way to one of our favorite and most productive spots, “Nemesis Hill.” After a short drive, we arrived in the area, unloaded the UTV, and rode to our spot. We set up around the top of “Nemesis Hill,” Jjess on the north side and I was on the southwest side. It took me a couple minutes to get situated, my gear all straightened out, and my hat and facemask all adjusted just right. Then I had to fumble with the new remote and try to remember the instructions I had skimmed over in the owner’s manual. After what seemed like an eternity, I pushed play and let the Foxpro sing.

My view looking west/southwest

After about 7 minutes in Jjess broke radio silence in my earpiece with “There’s a coyote coming fast on your right.” I looked to my right and not 3 seconds later a coyote topped the ridge and froze 30 yards away staring at the Foxpro 20 feet ahead.

The coyote stood even with the Foxpro 20 feet to the right just out of frame

I fired and she dropped in her tracks. We continued the stand for another 5 minutes with no other takers.

A coyote on the first stand of the day with the new Foxpro, awesome!

We made 2 more stands. Blanked on #2. Shot one on #3 but lost the blood after 50 yards and were unable to recover.
All in all, a great day.
Thanks for reading.

HOMnomination_zpskztnelgn.gif

Great story! How do you like your Fusion? I was thinking about picking one up.

Also if you don't mind, what type of comm system are you guys working with?

Chad

That's what I call breaking in the Fusion right. Kudos to you and your buddy, and I hope you stack them up this year in that beautiful calling country.

Chad,
I'm loving the Fusion so far. It has some really cool features. I need to play with it more and get use to using the remote, I was a little clumsy with it today.
As for coms, I was using a Midland FRS/GMRS radio with a 3.5mm jack headphone wire plugged into the headphone jack on the radio and the other end plugged into Peltor Sport Tactical 100 This is the first time I've used them and they worked great. The 3.5mm cord to plug in to your radio even comes with the Headphones. There is no Mic on the cord so you have to talk into the radio, but we usually just key up the Mic 3 times to let the other person know something is coming in. Jjess was using an earpiece and PTT Mic attached to a Garmin Rhino 650. Jjess and I both commented on how well the coms worked today.

Back