KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

We are going after a 9 foot gator in the pond behind my barn this weekend at night (alligator season opened up this past Monday and have all licenses and tags).

Going to try to film and photograph the action using both thermal and night vision.

The NV setup is a MoroVision MonoCam using an Olympus TG-850 completely waterproof digital video camera hooked up to a ITT Pinnacle PVS-14.

The Thermal setup is a FLIR M-18 640 X 480 uncooled VOx core hooked up to a 30fps 720X640 DVR recorder.

M18%20and%20MonoCam.JPG

M18%20and%20MonoCam2.JPG

Managed to capture the backyard gator at sundown and took thermal video of him with the FLIR M-18.

Will post later on when edited.

Did not manage to get any NV video as the sun had set and too much light, we caught him sooner than expected...

GatorA.jpg

Gator.jpg

Gator1.jpg

Gator2.jpg

Pretty cool man! I finally got a gator tag this year and plan to go Saturday down on the coast. We can't use bait or electric calls, but they are pretty easy to call in with your mouth mimicking babies. How did they thermal work?

I filmed about twenty minutes of absolute fantastic thermal video through a military FLIR M-18 and the view through the eye piece was breath taking, however I neglected to toggle the manual video out switch and when I got back into the house all the video was blank. We will do it again next time with the thermal video out to the DVR toggled.

Originally Posted By: kyle crickenbergerSpent a few days calling in Nevada with some great guys! The coyotes weren't very responsive but we layed down some great footage.

Weren't very responsive...? I'll have to remember that one!
w00t.gif

Installed the LDI LAC-TAC2 0.1 mW IR laser on my Sig P-226 .357SIG, this laser has 1-7th the IR output of most civvy IR lasers and has no NV bloom and a very precise IR dot. Best little laser I have ever seen!

Sig%20P-226%20357.JPG

After cleaning up from TWO HURRICANES, finally went out with the FLIRS and busted three nice boars, including this nice tusker!

Big%20Tusker.JPG

Originally Posted By: SkyPupInstalled the LDI LAC-TAC2 0.1 mW IR laser on my Sig P-226 .357SIG, this laser has 1-7th the IR output of most civvy IR lasers and has no NV bloom and a very precise IR dot. Best little laser I have ever seen!

Sig%20P-226%20357.JPG

Might need to reintroduce these with some minor changes...I wish other laser manufacturers would listen and use a .1-.2mW output on the laser pointer for HG lasers like we ask for in these units they built for us exclusively.

Scored a triple on dillos last night with the Ruger 10-22 and FLIR RS and the Bald Eagles are enjoying them for breakfast this morning!

Ruger%20DillosB.jpg

Eagle.jpg

Back