KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

FLIR T-70 and 7.62X51mm handloaded 130 Barnes TSX @ 3,000fps takes down a 400 pound boar hog @ 125 yards last night in the rain, DRT.

Filled an entire 140 quart deep sea Igloo cooler with meat.

SIG%20Hog.jpg

SIG%20Hog2.jpg

Dom%20Hog.jpg

Cooler.jpg

Hog hunting with a handgun is always a challenge, especially at night under NODs.

My .357 SIG has a Crimson Trace IR laser in the grip that is simple to zero and instant to use out to 200+ feet at night.

The Galco Miami Vice shoulder holster is a real nice, keeping the weight on your chest instead of your hips and keeping the pistol handy for instant access when required.

Galco%20Miami%20Vice2.jpg

Ran into this nice 8 foot gator out on the forest grade roads while chainsawing up some tree trunks that feel across the paths in a big thunderstorm, he was about 15 feet away when I heard a loud HISS:

Gator.jpg

Shot these two hogs running at 35 yards with the .357 SIG, made for some great BBQ last night for dinner on the grill.

SIG%20357%20Two%20Pigs.jpg

Thanks to my Night Vision and Thermal Gear, I have been enjoying random acts of BBQ everyday this Fourth of July weekend.

Happy Independence Day to Americans everywhere!

Wild%20Hog%20BBQ.jpg

Dang, another big arse boar hog falls to the HK 556 SBR axe @ 125 yards with one head shot, DRT!

Those Barnes 70 grain TSX sure get the job done!!!

Big%20Ass%20Boar%20HK.jpg

Big%20Ass%20Boar%20HK2.jpg

Big%20Ass%20Boar%20HK3.jpg

Big%20Ass%20Boar%20Tractor.jpg

Happy Independence Day to Americans everywhere!

Here is an IR NV game cam photo of this beast a while back at one of my bigger feeders about two miles away from where I actually nailed him with one shot from the tiny HK556 SBR when I saw him in my FLIR T-70 clip-on thermal weapon scope.

Game%20Cam%20Hog.jpg

I was thinking then that he looked like he would go 425 pounds?

Put together a new hog and coyote gun for close range use only.

Ordered a blank Ruger 10-22 receiver off Gunbroker and then put custom bolt and Volquartsen trigger group in it.

Ordered a Gemtech integrally suppressed "Mist" bull barrel that is quieter than a mouse, the .22LR shell hitting the ground makes more noise than the gun does.

To top it off, drilled and tapped the receiver for a picitanny rail, and installed a new FLIR RS64-35mm (build date 6/1/2016) to be able to shoot down their ear lobe from the electric golf cart up close and personal.....

10-22%20Flir%20RS%20Front.jpg

10-22%20Flir%20RS%20Side.jpg

10-22%20Flir%20RS%20Ful.jpg

Stademtric%20Reticule2.jpg

Targeting the FLIR RS64 on the Ruger 10-22 was a piece of cake, zero adjustment on the horizontal and just walked up the bullets to the bullseye at 25 yards and saved the user preset coordinates.

Just to fine tune the settings tonight, I put a 5.56mm empty brass shell into a bullet hole on the target and heated the primer end up with a lighter, first shot and the shell disappeared!

Done deal!

Target.jpg

Back