KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Good Job!!

I have only shot 1 black coyote in my life. Called in 3, 2 were normal colors and then this black one showed. Well you know the rest of the story.

My first (known) called coyote was a black one and got away from me. I'm still having convulsions over that one.

Nice going Skypup.

By the way, that skillet of edibles got my chops to watering. LOL.

Had a great hunt all by my lonesome self last night. Weather was excellent, no wind, light overcast, almost full moon, 50*F.

Went out about 10PM back behind the house and hiked 1 mile down the forest grade and spied a group of hogs deep in the woods rooting around about 250 yards away with the FLIR LS-XR.

Stalked up closer and took a headshot on this boar with the HK/Flir T-70 at 175 yards, DRT.

Entire hunt took about 30 minutes and hiked back home to get the UTV to haul the hog back for processing, perfect meat boar.

HK%2015%20Boar2.jpg

HK%2015%20Boar.jpg

A new six foot alligator recently moved into the pond back behind the barn about two weeks ago and has been sunning himself in the middle of the day out there in the open.

I put the offal where he's been sunning himself in front of a game cam to see if I could get some close up pics of him chomping on some boar meat.

Of course, they prefer rancid meat so might have to wait a few days if the Bald Eagles leave anything for him.....

Originally Posted By: LARUEminati^^ Nice, love the set-up. Can't beat it.

Skypup, are you all over that new Caterpillar phone with the built in Flir or what? Just seen it today.

That CAT phone is nice because it is super heavy duty and 100% waterproof, which is what I need, but it only has the older FLIRONE Lepton core with 80X60 pixels in it instead of the 2nd Generation FLIRONE with the 160X120 pixel Lepton core.

I already have the old FLIRONE and the new FLIRONE, but if CAT were to upgrade to the new Lepton, I would be interested in it for sure.

Never seen a black coyote , Thom. Another fawn killer down. Can't thank you enough for putting me onto the Flir RS thermals back in 2014. You are a wealth of information.

Originally Posted By: Dry Creek Never seen a black coyote , Thom. Another fawn killer down. Can't thank you enough for putting me onto the Flir RS thermals back in 2014. You are a wealth of information.

Thanks for the kind words!

I have only shot 4 Black Coyotes, maybe about 1 out of a hundred, they are rare for sure around here. And you do not know that they are black at night either, sure was a rush coming up on him after I killed him and seeing how jet black he was.

Had a great hunt last night and nailed this big boar hog after a 20 minute stalk in the woods, very exciting hunt.

Was walking down the road towards a feeder with a game camera on it when my buddy with a PVS-14 helmet on (I was using a FLIR M-24 helmet mounted) said that he could see big flashes of light up ahead a 1/4 mile. I told him it could be a coon or a deer on the feeder but to turn on his FLIR RS64-35 just in case.

Continued walking and came up on the feeder clearing in the dense woods and sure enough a large hog was near it, but he was leaving it and heading back into the forest. We slowly followed him deeper and deeper into the woods with him disappearing over and over again behind the trees and us trying to rearrange our position to be able to see him in the thermals. Almost lost him a couple of times but he did not catch our scent cone as he was roaming around rooting.

Finally he turned back towards us after a good 20 minute stalk and nailed him in the leg and the Barnes TSX broke his arm and blew out his lungs. Boar hog took off running and fell and got up twice until I put a slug in his head.

HK MR556, FLIR T-70-, FLIR LS-XR, Barnes 70 grain TSX @ 75 yards, DRT.

Boar%20Head.jpg

Boar2.jpg

I'll do a hands on review of the new FLIR Scout TK Lepton core introductory handheld scanner soon and also the powerful new low price Scout III 640 core.

Scrambled hog brains from 200 yards out, in one ear and out the other.

Hog staggered standing for a full five seconds after the shot and then just fell over stiff on its side.

HK MR556, ACOG TA02, FLIR T-70, Gemtech Sandstorm, Barnes 70 grain TSX:

HeadShot2.jpg

HeadShot.jpg

Nailed 7 last night in a couple of hours and did not get to bed until 4AM:

HK%20Hog.jpg

RS%20Hogs.jpg

FLIR%20Hog.jpg

FLIR%20Group.jpg

PS - there is a new GUI for both the FLIR handscanners and the FLIR RS Thermal Weapon scopes for installing newly released .dfu updates to the instruments and now it automatically goes onto the internet and downloads and installs the latest updates to the TAU-2 core to improve the firmware and enhance the Automatic Gain Control (AGC) as well as the contrast and decrease battery power draw.

There also is going to be a new RS scope firmware and software upgrade released shortly that all RS scope owners will be foaming at the mouth over, it is that good, almost like having an entirely new scope!

Whoever owns and uses any RS scope will feel like a kid in a candy store with these awesome updates.

Got to use the FLIR Government Systems Recon binos the other night while out hog hunting, this bitchin' instrument is beyond human comprehension!

The mid-IR 640X480 cooled InSb core operates at -273 degrees below zero powered by a miniature Sterling engine compressing helium gas very efficiently.

The view through the 1,280 X 720 viewer is simply amazing and turns night into way better than day.

The new one I was using has the integrated laser range finder display right in the viewer telling you exactly the distance to the target.

http://www.flir.com/uploadedFiles/flirGS/Surveillance/Products/Recon/V/flir-recon-v-datasheet.pdf

I could easily POSITIVELY ID human faces out 300 yards with this killer gear...

Dang Pup...what's the story behind that? You had to be hangin with some heavy weight folks to have access to that kind of gear. I mean I know your the "go to" civilian guy for FLIR, but dang. That's some high dollar gear you got to fondle.

With regard to your mention of the RS series firmware update, have you heard anything on any updates for us M18 Recon owners? I really would have thought FLIR would have something for the mil-spec hardened units. I know the RS series has been through at least a couple updates, with notta/zero/zilch for any of the mil-spec gear. I'm not aware of any released updates for the M24, M18, nor even the T-70 and T-75.

Any news on that front?

Regards,

G.

Originally Posted By: Insomniac100Dang Pup...what's the story behind that? You had to be hangin with some heavy weight folks to have access to that kind of gear. I mean I know your the "go to" civilian guy for FLIR, but dang. That's some high dollar gear you got to fondle.

With regard to your mention of the RS series firmware update, have you heard anything on any updates for us M18 Recon owners? I really would have thought FLIR would have something for the mil-spec hardened units. I know the RS series has been through at least a couple updates, with notta/zero/zilch for any of the mil-spec gear. I'm not aware of any released updates for the M24, M18, nor even the T-70 and T-75.

Any news on that front?

Regards,

G.

This gear was being used on a BlackHawk heli raid flying over the Amazon River in Columbia & Peru taking down cocaine cowboy labs.

When the boss gets back from torching the coke labs, I'll ask him about the mil-spec updates....

Back