Blaming New Equipment

Arizona Bushman

It seems to be an easy alibi for some members of my hunting party (myself included) to place blame on new equipment for any type of dry spell exceeding an outing or two.

I had won a much coveted calling chair at the recent Predator Masters Convention in Tucson and wasn't too sure how or if I was ever going to implement it into my hunting regiment. My initial thoughts were that it was entirely too big and too awkward for the type of run and gun calling that I excel at.

I figured that I would brush it off as having bad "Juju" and forget about it with the other piles of once used equipment that never worked out quite right.

So I busted it out during the middle of a 90 degree day, loaded up some cheap shotgun shells and forgot to charge up my FoxPro for the first outing with the chair.

On my very first stand, just as I was wiping the sweat from my hat, the FoxPro died and the wind started kicking up. I dug out a Carver Hand-Call and walked over to where I had placed my e-call. It was shady, so I plopped down the chair and started blowing some random cadence through the call for a few seconds and noticed a set of ears bouncing through the sage brush.

Still leaning back in my camo recliner, I firmly shouldered the trusty 870 and put a hand full of pellets right between his eyes......

Looks like I will have to find something else to blame the next time things aren't going my way........

When ya got lemons,...............make lemonade.
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Wait......

You still had to wipe the sweat from your forehead, that chair is clearly defective.....

Lee

Originally Posted By: MasterBlaster90 degrees wow!
MB

We have a cold front moving in today.........it's gonna be a brisk 88 degrees, I might want to dig out my jacket.

Nice work. 88-90 degrees, wow.. It dropped below freezing here, so I figured it was a great time to do some calling. Grandpa and I both had a good run of luck this weekend. But I don't think I've ever hunted anything in 90 degree weather. Congrats on the coyote, and the chair.

nice work. This hot weather is anything but pleasant.

It's MARCH.. I should be cold in the garage working on projects, not setting up fans and watching the kids swim in the pool already.

Back