Fox Pro Shockwave vs. Primos Alpha Dog

Originally Posted By: cmateraWow. 3 posts and you resurrect a three year old thread to help others. Had the call two years and only listened to it indoors? You will fit in well with the FoxPro zombies here. The answer to any question : FoxPro, FoxPro, FoxPro. Are you a field tester too? Welcome to the forum.

Oh yes indeed. Everyone knows one's post count dictates how much they know about predator hunting. Please....

Good luck skinning that keyboard.

Originally Posted By: Joe Jeff1I realize this is a old thread but now it's time to help others out that might have the same question. I bought the Alpha Dogg a couple years ago for the same reason others would buy it. It appears to be a loud and well constructed call. At first I was very please with the call. I was playing the sounds inside (of course at a low volume) to hear them and get a sense of the calls I will be playing. The calls sounded amazing at the low volume. I then brought it out in the field on some grade A spots. When I raised the volume i was very disappointed. The howls and coyote vocals were useless. They cracked on the high end volume. Ok so let's play the distress sounds. Those too were to quiet and below the volume of a hand call even at 100 volume. Needless to say my shockwave is on its way and I will let everyone know how that goes shortly.

I don't know if this has been said, but replace your batteries. The Alpha Dogg requires Lithium batteries for optimum performance. With multiple 25W speakers it is the most powerful caller in production (without adding speakers). Mine sounded like a dying cat underwater and the howls sounded like a dog gurgling vinegar, but when I switched to Lithium batteries (expensive...) it sounded the way I knew it should and my results reflected that.

Last edited:
Back