February 24th bobcat.

Originally Posted By: yotekiller47That's a good looking cat. Like the rifle too. Thanks! It's my go to rifle for predator huntin. I've killed more with it than I have any of my other ones. But I've had it for a long time too. And amazingly I really haven't scratched it up or anything.

Congratulations!!! The belly and front shoulder coloring are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the story & taking the time to get the photo up.

Originally Posted By: SilverfoxCongratulations!!! The belly and front shoulder coloring are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing the story & taking the time to get the photo up. He's one of the better ones I've shot as far as color. He was a decent sized cat too. Even from that close the bullet didn't exit so I was happy about that.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerOriginally Posted By: weekenderSometimes cats freeze and watch you move on them, sometimes they blow out. The ones that freeze, usually get froze. Yep.lol He froze yesterday and he's really froze today.

speaking of "freezing"...........that's perfect for %^&(*^%$ photobucket. It freezes my cpu up more than any site I visit. Including the xxx ones.
hate it so bad.

Originally Posted By: jf1073Originally Posted By: OKRattlerOriginally Posted By: weekenderSometimes cats freeze and watch you move on them, sometimes they blow out. The ones that freeze, usually get froze. Yep.lol He froze yesterday and he's really froze today.

speaking of "freezing"...........that's perfect for %^&(*^%$ photobucket. It freezes my cpu up more than any site I visit. Including the xxx ones.
hate it so bad. ahahahahahahahaha

Originally Posted By: TheBig1What caliber gun is that? It's a Ruger M77 MarkII .223,I shot that cat with a Hornady 52gr. BTHP. I've killed quite a few with that bullet and it's really good on the fur.

Thanks guys. I'm still amazed how much ground he covered in a short amount of time without me seeing him or hearing anything. As many leaves as there were on the ground I figured it would be no problem hearing something coming before I saw it. It sure surprised me. About 2 minutes before I saw him a few doves flew over from the direction I was calling towards so I really started watching. I thought something might have scared them. I'm guessing that's exactly what happened.

Okrattler, I see you got the pic of my cat, glad it worked out...wait, did I say that out loud?...JK...lol, great job and congrats...bet your blood pressure was up..were you somewhat steady on the sticks? Obviously! ;-)...purdy color! Out west here we tend to get lighter colored cats...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOkrattler, I see you got the pic of my cat, glad it worked out...wait, did I say that out loud?...JK...lol, great job and congrats...bet your blood pressure was up..were you somewhat steady on the sticks? Obviously! ;-) It was a long,frustrating process but I got it figured out somewhat.lol

Oh yeah I was plenty steady when it was time to shoot. The worst (most intense) part was getting the rifle in the right direction without running him off. As soon as I saw him I eased the safety half way forward so it wouldn't make noise as I kept my eyes on the cat. I just did it automatically,didn't really think about it. When I got the rifle and sticks across my right leg it was smooth sailing. I was looking through the scope before the sticks hit the ground. As soon I had them on the ground I clicked the safety all the way off and let one fly. He was getting nervous and I know he was thinkin about rippin out of there. He lifted his head to turn to his left when the safety clicked forward. That's when the bullet smacked him.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762Fine job indeed! Nice Thanks Infidel! I'm heading out tomorrow to try and call up another one. Hopefully I'll have some luck.

Originally Posted By: OKRattlerOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762Fine job indeed! Nice Thanks Infidel! I'm heading out tomorrow to try and call up another one. Hopefully I'll have some luck.
2 or 3 days and the cats are '"somewhat" safe until December;)

Yeah I don't have very long to make something happen. You never know though,I could have the best day calling I've ever had tomorrow. It's doubtful...but I like to think that way.

Nice cat!

Once you download your picture to photobucket, scroll down below the pic. There are four choices, left click on bottom one, then right click and copy,then paste that link on PM and picture should show up.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Nice cat!

Once you download your picture to photobucket, scroll down below the pic. There are four choices, left click on bottom one, then right click and copy,then paste that link on PM and picture should show up.

Regards,
hm Thanks!I'll have to mess with it again and see if I can't get it completely figured out. Me and that computer I was using earlier were not getting along at all. It kept closing one tab every time I'd try to do something. I don't know why technology hates me so much. I'm nice to it and all it wants to do is give me the runaround.

Back