My brothers Cougar

Coyotejunki

Well my brother finally got his mount back from the taxidermist. I called this one in and bro shot it with his 17 Rem. It ran about 5 yards. It is only the second one that I know I called in. So I was pretty proud of him for tagging it.

I think it looks pretty nice. He is happy to get it back after waiting about 2 years for it. But is a little PO'd because the taxidermist didn't mount it the way he was told and paid too. It was not supposed to be a pedestal mount.

It is that a Missouri lion?
smile.gif
For what it's worth I like the pedestal mount for that particular use. Congrats to both of you guys!

Originally Posted By: GCIt is that a Missouri lion?
smile.gif
For what it's worth I like the pedestal mount for that particular use. Congrats to both of you guys!

No, not a MO lion! I think that would be illegal.
smile.gif
It was taken in Arizona. Tagged, reported, and check by a wildlife official. I believe "game and fish" even took a tooth.

Originally Posted By: CZ527I also like pedestal mounts better than wall mounts! Looks great!

One problem, he has nowhere to put a pedestal mount. That is why he wanted a wall mount. The guy tried to fix it, but goofed that up too.

The arrow points to where it is supposed to attach to the wall, (wood frame). However the wood frame sticks out about 4" from the wall.

Looks great, even though I also prefer wall mount I like the pedestal. Good for a cougar too becasue it doesn't take up too much space.

I wouldn't be too happy either if it took two years and it's different than what I requested, least it came out good.

Congrats to you both on the cat. I'd be pissed at the taxi guy though. Screwed up the wall mount and the nose is the wrong color,unless this cat had an all black nose ? Left eye looks of center, but it could be the angle of the pic.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeCongrats to you both on the cat. I'd be pissed at the taxi guy though. Screwed up the wall mount and the nose is the wrong color,unless this cat had an all black nose ? Left eye looks of center, but it could be the angle of the pic.

Good catch! I didn't notice that at first, but after looking at pics of other cougars, the black nose really stands out as out-of-place! I think I would have to have that fixed.

Man that is a nice one. Got about a year before mine is ready and these pics make me anxious. Congrats to you and your brother for a fine looking cat.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeCongrats to you both on the cat. I'd be pissed at the taxi guy though. Screwed up the wall mount and the nose is the wrong color,unless this cat had an all black nose ? Left eye looks of center, but it could be the angle of the pic.

I thought the same thing. I have seen some dark colored noses, but don't ever recall an all black one. I would be curious to see a field pic of this cat after it was killed.

I think if I was wandering through my house in the middle of the night ,half asleep, either one of those mounts would scare scare me!

Tell your brother good shooting, and to kill it with a 17 Rem to boot. Outstanding!

Last edited:
Back