Fox Pro Shockwave vs. Primos Alpha Dog

Originally Posted By: coyote.204Originally Posted By: venaticI was pleasantly surprised by how small the Shockwave was after seeing pictures of it. It is bigger than the Fury but it does still fit in my Predator Vest.

Just curious what vest are you using?

It is a Primos Vest. It's not perfect but it is a good product that is very functional and quality is OK. Lots of pockets.
Here is a picture from this morning that shows the vest well.I may have to break down and get a Foxpro Vest one of these days.
thumbup1.gif

Asherton13014.jpg

Last edited:
I love mine and have experienced no sound issues it works from MA to TX and everywhere in between

Nebraska_2.jpg

Me and Geoff Nemnich in Nebraska last month

Nebraska_coyote.jpg

Originally Posted By: Steel City ArcherFor those of you that have used both, are we really comparing apples to apples here?

Both look like good, quality calls. I'm just wondering if the price difference for the Shockwave is justified?

I have never owned either of the calls. In fact, I am looking to buy my my first caller and have narrowed it down to these two.

Any input for those who have used both would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

Well I would ask PA. and OH hunters how many they kill a year with a Foxpro, we can't say much for the Primos calls since they are pretty new. I know a few who have killed and called coyotes in with the Turbo Dogg. The place your using the call makes a difference, the 2 states I mentioned are over run with Foxpros and some are lucky to see 1 coyote a year. Also there is a tan call on the market, fixed sounds but has been calling in plenty of critters in PA.

Originally Posted By: Bob after Bob Also there is a tan call on the market, fixed sounds but has been calling in plenty of critters in PA.

Would that be the ICOTEC caller?

Not sure looks kind of weird with the legs down my buddy has 1. Long range remote also.Its a Western Tech call, cost about $160.

Last edited:
I find it funny that every 6 months or so a PA guy shows up who is concerned with sounds being "fixed" on E callers and an ax to grind.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't buy a FoxPro because everyone has one and those wiley coyotes are so smart that they can tell the difference between sounds coming from a FoxPro as opposed to a Primos call or even a hand call!! LOL!!

That's got to be one of my favorite reasonings I hear from guys!! I get a chuckle every time I hear it!! LOL!!!

Spend your money on quality and you won't be disappointed!! Heck, you probably have well over $600 into your coyote gun and your call is just as important!!

Originally Posted By: BAMITBuy American, buy a FOXPRO.......day in day out gonna = more fur.....

Furbearers can tell if a caller is assembled in America or China?

How about decoys? The vehicle ya drive? The gun ya shoot? Your camo clothes?

scared.gif

Originally Posted By: lowtempguruBob after bob..... Western Tech? The google came up empty.. Do you have a website address?

Sorry it has the sounds that the company that makes the mighty atom. Many have been doing well with the call. Even the Turbo Doggs. Doggin Coyoytes seem to have common sense, many get killed with mouth calls. Coyote hunting is 95% where you hunt 5% skill. Bring them coyote whackers from large number states to PA. they would probably quit hunting yotes in 4 months.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: BAMITBuy American, buy a FOXPRO.......day in day out gonna = more fur.....

Furbearers can tell if a caller is assembled in America or China?

How about decoys? The vehicle ya drive? The gun ya shoot? Your camo clothes?

scared.gif

thumbup.gif

I realize this is a old thread but now it's time to help others out that might have the same question. I bought the Alpha Dogg a couple years ago for the same reason others would buy it. It appears to be a loud and well constructed call. At first I was very please with the call. I was playing the sounds inside (of course at a low volume) to hear them and get a sense of the calls I will be playing. The calls sounded amazing at the low volume. I then brought it out in the field on some grade A spots. When I raised the volume i was very disappointed. The howls and coyote vocals were useless. They cracked on the high end volume. Ok so let's play the distress sounds. Those too were to quiet and below the volume of a hand call even at 100 volume. Needless to say my shockwave is on its way and I will let everyone know how that goes shortly.

Originally Posted By: KizmoIf I have the battery type set correctly, I have zero distortion on any of my sounds out of my Shockwave. I am using NiMH or lithium cells. I have several Primos Randy Anderson howls on my caller, and it plays them no problem.

That makes me think that perhaps the sounds were loaded at a low resolution if there were quality sounds that are better.

It doesn't sound right no pun intended. Why don't you try reloading some sounds and see if they are better?

Wow. 3 posts and you resurrect a three year old thread to help others. Had the call two years and only listened to it indoors? You will fit in well with the FoxPro zombies here. The answer to any question : FoxPro, FoxPro, FoxPro. Are you a field tester too? Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't call us all FoxPro zombies. I killed many many many critters over my alpha dogg and if my budget was $150 I would snatch one up and kill many more. BUT I don't think anyone can argue that it's a better call than a FoxPro. It a useful tool. No frills and it does have its limitations but is very effective.

Originally Posted By: Joe Jeff1I realize this is a old thread but now it's time to help others out that might have the same question. I bought the Alpha Dogg a couple years ago for the same reason others would buy it. It appears to be a loud and well constructed call. At first I was very please with the call. I was playing the sounds inside (of course at a low volume) to hear them and get a sense of the calls I will be playing. The calls sounded amazing at the low volume. I then brought it out in the field on some grade A spots. When I raised the volume i was very disappointed. The howls and coyote vocals were useless. They cracked on the high end volume. Ok so let's play the distress sounds. Those too were to quiet and below the volume of a hand call even at 100 volume. Needless to say my shockwave is on its way and I will let everyone know how that goes shortly.

Welcome to the forum. It is nice of you to try and contribute. Thanks for having a positive outlook.

Cz527, sometimes on a forum like this it is tough to see the tone of someone's comments, I hope I did not say anything that you took as an out of the way comment but it seemed like your reply was very sarcastic. Again I am not really sure where you were going with it but if the post count comment was directed at me, would you care to elaborate?

Back