Massachusetts predator hunters

After snow removal and sanding I couldn't get out till afternoon.
Must have been your tracks I saw here & there. Only saw turkeys. Lots of yote tracks out there.

Biggest female we've ever shot.. Her and the male came hard charging to the call in the snow.. My brother smoked this female and I got blood on the male... [beeep] shotguns.. He rolled this dog over at around 50 yards( I let him shoot first) and I started shooting as the male burned for the woods around 65 yards...

Looks like a good one, we've shot a few 40lb+ females it it looks like that one fits into that catagory. I got one off the cape a few weeks back that was over 40, pushing 45. It was with a male that got away and he was WAY bigger. Some big dogs out your way & lots of them. Impressive for Mass.

What shotgun ammo you shooting? Tungsten?

Dead coyote T shot 3 1/2" Out of the Dead coyote choke tube attached to a benelli SBE II.

I really wish they would at least let us use the 22 mag.... If we had rifle capable of killing a coyote we would have doubled up no problem... Who ever made the laws regarding coyotes in MA must have very little brains or respect for yotes. I can't bring myself to shoot a yote with a 22lr.

Originally Posted By: bigbuck28Dead coyote T shot 3 1/2" Out of the Dead coyote choke tube attached to a benelli SBE II.

I really wish they would at least let us use the 22 mag.... If we had rifle capable of killing a coyote we would have doubled up no problem... Who ever made the laws regarding coyotes in MA must have very little brains or respect for yotes. I can't bring myself to shoot a yote with a 22lr.

Can't get much better loads than that, I guess he got lucky. Keep after em

Yeah the rules suck in general. Longest range gun you can use at night is a muzzleloader, been using one this season and its good out to at least 150. Only one shot though.

Big buck, way to go!!

Guys the way things are going in this state and country, you will be lucky to carry a gun. in ten years..

PS coyote densities are just exploding, there are way more dogs now than when I started hunting them in 2006...cant wait to see how the liberals handle this problem? Round them up and put them on an Island in the Quabin??

Hi Guys..Been off the site for a while as new job has me pretty crazy. Did manage to get 15 dogs for 2015 and yes, I had to count a deer drive one to get the number.

2016 has been blast. Got the night vision figured out and took 11 dogs off bait pile using driveway alarm. Biggest was a 45 lbs male. Got a 42 lb female too. Just took number 16 this AM in RI, my 5th on the call this season. Coyote vocalizations work if you are on them I guess. Started off well with two dogs in two sets here in South Dartmouth. I have now shot 13 coyotes off Smith neck in 2016!!

Anyway, miss checking the site daily and hope all are well. Good luck MA guys and keep it up!!

And Baystate Yote...you are correct,they just keep coming. Its really crazy. Hope you are well!!!

Sounds like a solution in search of a problem. Very troubling when a state attorney general has the power or authority to do this??? Time for another Boston Tea Party....

Originally Posted By: rpc55Sounds like a solution in search of a problem. Very troubling when a state attorney general has the power or authority to do this??? Time for another Boston Tea Party....

I believe the short answer, if she was truly doing her job, is that she does not. Remember that she is the one that told females against her bathroom bill to "hold it".
Call your Reps. and Sens., tell them to back Sen. Tarrs bill.

So Boys, do we hunt with our AR's this year, or keep them locked up?? Not a dumb question, if you read any of GOAL's press emails.
She did not have the authority to just make up interpretations on her own, but she did and all the State House clowns gave her a pass. She also gave you a "Grand Father" clause so to speak, something she cant do, because its not law...Oh and you can bet the Democrats that control the State House will sure not give you a pass.

After what I read this week from GOAL, she interpreted the law her way, but can't legally do that. Then she gave a sort of amnesty if you bought one in the last 18 years, but legally she can't do that. Now you can't sell them in Mass. and if you sell your's out of state it doesn't matter because you already committed a felony when you bought it. Looks like there's going to be a lot more felons in Mass.

I am, probably throw the paperwork in my case for good measure if that would even help. The shotgun I use also falls under the edict.

I have considered switching to a bolt & pump but im not spending all that extra money to please her.

Back