Massachusetts predator hunters

Ok...officially on the site for the winter. I am stuck at 14 down. Number 15 for 2015 eludes me so far with a bow miss and a cripple. However, I will continue trying. We collectivley shot 5 during our deer drives so far. Lots of dogs around taking advantage of the territorial hole. Keep the stories coming!!!

Originally Posted By: magurohunterdeer drive dogs do not count!!

14 is an impressive number for right now... how many we're called (without a light, in Mass)?

You guys have a healthy population out that way, keep up the good work.

Originally Posted By: magurohunter Number 15 for 2015 eludes me so far with a bow miss and a cripple....

First year that I haven't seen a dog during deer season, real quiet here, only a couple occasionally showing up on the cameras at night.
thumbdown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ac289fia First year that I haven't seen a dog during deer season

I let two walk during shotgun season, I spent an hour getting up steep ridge into some high country with thick hemlock cover and sure enough as soon as I get there here comes two coyotes along the hillside below me. Never ended up seeing any deer up there so now I wish I shot them. Two 1st year pups, if it was a big male or some funky colorphase I wouldn't even of thought twice.

Good luck

Got one two nights ago, nice male. All scarred up from fighting. Called in two others last week; wasn't able to seal the deal.

Nice, any pics? Slow here, nothing eating the baits other than a Fisher and some mice.

021_zpss7sejra4.jpg

023_zpsw8da2vka.jpg

This guy got close twice, but wouldn't bite:

046_zpsaxyo83cj.jpg

001_zpsfvyvunmk.jpg

This youngster came down the trail 3 weeks ago, and hasn't gone near the baits:

004_zpsbmosaogn.jpg

Last edited:
I'd bet they're still feasting on random gut piles/runoffs from deer season, thats what the skat has shown me. Deer hair!

I'll be out this weekend.

IMG_20151228_203149569_zpsbnbh6gln.jpg

Not much of a picture, just a quick pic I sent to Baystateyote Sensei. I've actually called in three this year. Went out two nights ago and saw one in field I was walking into. Couldn't get him to come back.

Last edited:
IMG_20160104_213215150_zps180unftw.jpg

Got another. Called in two last night. First one ran in and ran out. No shot. Switched up calls to bring him back, and 10 minutes later this female came in. It was COLD last night.

Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiNice job, looks like a good one.

You using NV? It was dark last night.

Yes. M845 scope and goggles. Not sure what the goggles are, but they are gen 2.

Originally Posted By: duckstopperGood job. The way you're racking them up there won't be any left for the rest of us.
smile.gif

There's still plenty out there! I've seen more than I've shot.

Originally Posted By: EFR
Yes. M845 scope and goggles. Not sure what the goggles are, but they are gen 2.

Nice, I really like that scope and the fact it has a red-dot for the reticle.

Back