KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Lol on the deputy part. My guess he was NOT thinking about a cow, but some mass murderers at first!
scared.gif

Another big gravid sow takes two Barnes 70 grain TSX to the head, one from a SIG 556 with DBAL-2 IR laser and ITT PVS-14 helmet mounted laser and the other from an HK 556 with FLIR T-70 thermal.

Spotted sow 1/2 mile out in pasture with handheld Flir LS-XR and took 10 minutes to walk in close enough to put her down.

Thermal and NV worked like a charm together!

HK%20Hog.jpg

Hog%20Hondini.jpg

Hog%20M324.jpg

Hot%20Hog.jpg

Hog%20Bucket.jpg

I keep yelling FORE on the fairways but they just would not get out of the way!

HK556 Flir T-70 FLir LS-XR:

HK%20T70%20Tusker.jpg

Noveske 300BLK Flir T-50:

300%20BLK%20Hog.jpg

Dude was barfing golf balls!

Golf%20Ball%20Hog.jpg

Fairways and greens don't need hog rooting:

3%20Hog%20Cart.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupI keep yelling FORE on the fairways but they just would not get out of the way!

LOL, maybe becaue Tiger Woods recently announced his retirement and they're not as gunshy?
thumbup.gif

Gave away a dozen fresh unfrozen smoked sausage packs today for holiday gifts, everybody raves it is some of the best they have ever had!
smile.gif

FORE!

Boy, this night time golfing with NV and Thermal on the fairways is loads of fun and getting addicting with the FLIR T-50 and the 300BLK!

Fore.jpg

We recently shot over a dozen hogs with handloaded Sierra 240 grain MatchKings subsonics (chrono 1,050fps) in our 16" Noveske 300 BLK and 12.5" AAC BLK and had not recovered a single slug to find out how they were performing.

It looked liked they were all passing through the hogs body and exiting out the other side, making precision sniper shots a requirement to put them down.

Anyhow, finally recovered one from last night and our theory was proven correct, slug stuck in the cervical spine on a neck shot.

Cervical vertebrae are thinner and more delicate than the thoracic vertebrae and the 300 BLK did not even deform when stopping.

Shot Placement is everything with a subsonic 300 BLK MatchKing!

300%20BLK%20240%20gr%20Sierra.jpg

300%20BLK%20240%20gr%20Sierra2.jpg

Was out on the links last night again and was able to putt down four more boars ripping up the 18th hole with the Flir T-50 and 300BLK, here's two of them:

Putt1.jpg

Putt2.jpg

Any chance you will be trying the Noveske / Nosler .300 B.O 220 grn sub subsonic factory ammo on hogs.

They claim that the 220 grain Subsonic bullet is designed to provide controlled and consistent expansion with reliable penetration at subsonic velocities.

I picked up some boxes to try on coyote's using my suppressed 300 b.o.

Love to see a real world report on hogs.

Originally Posted By: fireyoteAny chance you will be trying the Noveske / Nosler .300 B.O 220 grn sub subsonic factory ammo on hogs.

They claim that the 220 grain Subsonic bullet is designed to provide controlled and consistent expansion with reliable penetration at subsonic velocities.

I picked up some boxes to try on coyote's using my suppressed 300 b.o.

Love to see a real world report on hogs.

Leigh Defense and REPEAR both make slugs that expand well at subsonic speeds. I would like to try the Noveske too in the Noveske 300BLK upper.

Those 240 grain SMKs do not expand or fragment at all, in addition since the slug is spinning so fast it misses out creating all the damage with the petals expanded outwards.

The only way to use these SMKs is a precise head/spine shot for a DRT kill.

Many people ask me about thermal clip-ons and why I use them instead of a standalone dedicated thermal weapon scope. Well, I do have quite a few dedicated thermal weapon scopes and quite a few clip-ons (which can also be used alone with the internal reticules).

But one of the primary reasons to own a couple of thermal clip-ons is that if you have multiple coyote/hog day/night hunting rifles, you can just remove the thermal clip-on from one rifle and place it onto another rifle and be GTG in 30 seconds or less without any zeroing or POI changes whatsoever.

My FLIR T-70s are routinely switched back and forth between numerous 556, 300BLK, 7.62X39, and 7.62X51 rifles each week depending on where we are going and what we are after!

HK556%20T70.jpg

HK%20SBR%20556%20T70.jpg

HK%20SBR%20T70.jpg

Back