6x45 Load data

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just built my first 6x45 and have about 100 rounds loaded with 85gr Barnes TSX. Working on some loads now for Vmax's, and some Nosler BT. Primary powder so far has been 8208.

Cliff
I just got some new glass for it and reloaded 95gr Nosler Ballistic tip that didn't do so great in my rifle. Best group was around 1 inch. I ordered another box of 87gr V-Max and as well a box of 75gr V-Max. Worked up some test loads this week with IMR 4895, 8208, and 3031. Ill be heading to New York for work for three weeks, but will be all over it once I get back. Ill post the results once I get them down range.
Sorry Bro, works has got me stepping and fetching. Life of a Marine EOD Tech!

Rob

Hi Is this list of loads avaliable for email?
I would like to browse thru it..
I put together a 6×45 AR with a AR Stoner 5r barrel from Midway and it's a shooter! I have been running 87gr bthps it groups 5 into around a 1/2" or less @100yrds! I have also ran some 100gr btsp thru it with a modified mag but I haven't tested those for accuracy yet. I am mainly interested in finding a good load for the 80gr ttsx with XBR OR W748.

Originally Posted By: RobUSMCCliff
I just got some new glass for it and reloaded 95gr Nosler Ballistic tip that didn't do so great in my rifle. Best group was around 1 inch. I ordered another box of 87gr V-Max and as well a box of 75gr V-Max. Worked up some test loads this week with IMR 4895, 8208, and 3031. Ill be heading to New York for work for three weeks, but will be all over it once I get back. Ill post the results once I get them down range.
Sorry Bro, works has got me stepping and fetching. Life of a Marine EOD Tech!

Rob

Rob, did you get a chance to work your loads yet? I'd be very interested in your results. I have 8208 on hand and 4895 is available locally. BTW, Thanks for what you do. I have much respect for your job.

Cliff

My go to is imr 4895
18" krieger Remington 700 action.
80 grain Bergers with 24.5 grains of 4895
2609 fps
.5 moa. Shoots better than my skills are capable of.

24gr H322/Nosler 70gr Varmageddon from my new 22" DTech upper, just under .5" for 5 rounds and 9 out of 10 rounds into a single ragged hole.
Going to see if the coyotes cooperate this Saturday.

I see very little data using the AA 2230 powder. Is there a particular reason for that or no one simply has played with powder much? Any opinions on this powder? I use it for my 233 rifles.

Originally Posted By: Aiden12I see very little data using the AA 2230 powder. Is there a particular reason for that or no one simply has played with powder much? Any opinions on this powder? I use it for my 233 rifles.

Actually there is quite a bit of it. Accurate lists it on their web site. Also AA2230 and X-TERMINATOR are the same powder.

It works well in mine.

Greg

Would you be able to help me out with the 6x45 load data too. Every time I try it sends me to the Buck ammo page as well. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: endmangeWould you be able to help me out with the 6x45 load data too. Every time I try it sends me to the Buck ammo page as well. Thank you.

PM sent.

Greg

I mainly use XTerminator in my Bolt gun 6x45 and it is the same as AA2230 as GL noted and there is plenty of data out there.

In My AR I am using N530 right now with the 75-80 gr bullets

Has anyone tried loading the 6x45 subsonics? Recently was able to purchase a suppressor, and currently my upper is @ Mike's from DTech, being threaded for a suppressor. Just can't find any reloading info on loading subsonic.

Forming brass for the 17-223 is a little more (but not much) involved that the 6 x 45. Most guys F/L resize using the .223 die w/o guts, then run thru the .17-223 die with guts. Me, I'm anal, so I run it through a F/L .223 die w/o guts, through a .19-.223 die (got it from James Calhoon) w/o guts, and then through the .17-.223 die with guts. I prefer to step my brass down from .22 to .19 to .17, instead of .22 to .17. The 6 x 45 is a simple run .223 brass through the 6 x 45 die and load.

Originally Posted By: Win.308stealthHas anyone tried loading the 6x45 subsonics? Recently was able to purchase a suppressor, and currently my upper is @ Mike's from DTech, being threaded for a suppressor. Just can't find any reloading info on loading subsonic.

Look at similar weight 223 sub sonic loads as your basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back