Post Pics Of Your Hunting/Predator/Varmit AR Here !!

Just finished up my AR.

49F959DC-4165-4408-9212-121D4DB65658_zpsdlz6ftcf.jpg

Sabre Defense upper in .204 Ruger w/ 24" Bull Barrel (purchased here on PM)
Burris PEPR mount
Nikon Prostaff 7 4-16x50 (30mm tube)
New Frontier Polymer Lower
RRA Varmint Trigger Kit
Magpul MOE grip
Magpul UBR stock

Haven't decided if I want to do anything else to it or just leave it as it is.

rifle has
*3 # timney trigger
*Badger ordinance oversized charge handle release
*ERGO Tactical Deluxe Sure Grip Pistol Grip with Palm Shelf AR-15 Overmolded Rubber
*30 round magazine
twist is a 1-8 but it loves fieocchi 40 gr factory loads

First I will start with my #1 "go to" platform.

Layke Tactical / Xtreme Predator Obsession upper/lower
18" McGowen 1/8 twist barrel (mid length gas)
Lucas Firearms LF3, 3# drop in trigger
Lucas Firearms Tomahawk charging handle
Luth-AR MBA-1 stock
Custom 15" Unique-AR handguard
Timber Creek Outdoors, Inc. Heart Breaker muzzle brake
Timber Creek Outdoors, Inc. extended magazine release
Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x scope
Custom "Predator Militia" Cerakote by Johnson Customs, llc

Updated pic with my TPS rings. I had an AR cantilever mount, and it was just too high for me.

I also went to my (favorite) cheapest optic, an old Tasco 2-6x32 illuminated mil-dot reticle. It may actually be an airsoft scope. For some reason I love the low end for close in, the lit reticle for all the evenings and dusk hunting I do, and the high end is optimal to 300 on yotes.

NOTE: It is mounted "sideways" on purpose. I always wear a hat, and the illumination knob on the top seems to hit the brim every time and hit me in the forehead. That p1sses me off, so I mounted it as such.

Recce1_zpsaej08j0o.jpg

I just got my LRS mounted up on the Junk Yard Dog. I purchased it through Midway on sale at $399. It seems to be OK for the $$$. I like the Mil/Mil values and the illuminated reticle. It is a little bulky and heavy but I'm only going to use it to shoot my 500 yard steel plate, paper punch for groups up close and for our spring P-dog trip. Looks kinda goofy with the shade on! LOL I'm going get some kind of a 14.5-15" rail to cover the barrel and catch up with the sun shade.
smile.gif

Brad

Dedicated Technology upper in 6x45 22" heavy barrel fluted.
Vortex 6-24 PST, waiting on different scope base/rings so I can mount the scope further forward but this works for now.
JP Enterprise trigger, Magpul PRS stock

BCM bfh lw 14.5" with 13" kmr rail, atlas bipod, leupold 2.5-8x36 with m2 turrents (TS30 A2 for 77 gr.), vcas sling. This is my new predator hunting weapon. It's lightweight, accurate and I love this scope. Sight it at whatever range you want, zero the turret caps and then simply dial to your target distance. I don't know how it could get easier.

20151206_134939.jpg

Just finished putting this one together. Main Target, NE Texas Hogs. Secondary Target, Coyotes, Bobcats, Coons, or other corn thieves.
Wilson Arms 18" 1:8 SS Bull Barrel, 16.5" Gen2 rail, Mega Arms Billet Lower, Gieselle SSA-E trigger, Luth MBA But stock, DPMS SASS grip, ATN-X sight 5X18 Day/Night Scope, Long Range Streamlight IR. Probably missed a few things. Assembled completely through the web with the exception of the lower. Not including scope, Under 1K

Yoda-X said:
First I will start with my #1 "go to" platform.

Layke Tactical / Xtreme Predator Obsession upper/lower
18" McGowen 1/8 twist barrel (mid length gas)
Lucas Firearms LF3, 3# drop in trigger
Lucas Firearms Tomahawk charging handle
Luth-AR MBA-1 stock
Custom 15" Unique-AR handguard
Timber Creek Outdoors, Inc. Heart Breaker muzzle brake
Timber Creek Outdoors, Inc. extended magazine release
Vortex Diamondback HP 4-16x scope
Custom "Predator Militia" Cerakote by Johnson Customs, llc

That is beautiful.
I just got mine put together, but no fancy finish like this or the awesome ones from bushy. Yet.

But here she is for now. (low quality cell pic) Very pleased with it so far. This was just out scouting. Found some fresh tracks, but had two blank stands. Looking for another good calling spot out there.

Back