ATF Form 4 Wait Times.

Originally Posted By: Win.308stealthNew to suppressors, how can you check when your paperwork went pending, or any other status? I sent of my paperwork July 6 and am just waiting for a call from my dealer. But it would be fun to know the status of the paperwork.

When you call them, please post the date they give you for listed as pending. Mine took almost 2 months between when I sent mine in and when they listed it as pending. I'm interested to see if anybody else is running to this.

Just called to check on mine I sent the first part of July. The guy was a jerk. All he would say is it will take 5 months.

Never had a problem with any of them when I call, but I am super nice and give them the information they need to get me the information I request.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERNever had a problem with any of them when I call, but I am super nice and give them the information they need to get me the information I request.

I was nice and gave him all the information. I never had a problem with any on the last one I bought either. He didn't want to tell the status, just said it will be 5 months.

I would guess that it's still pending
smile.gif

The guy I talked to was pretty rude also. He answered by saying "NFA". After I asked him about finding out if I could get info on my application, he asked for serial number. After I gave it to him, he said it will be 5 months from receiving the application and hung up.

Originally Posted By: Win.308stealthThe guy I talked to was pretty rude also. He answered by saying "NFA". After I asked him about finding out if I could get info on my application, he asked for serial number. After I gave it to him, he said it will be 5 months from receiving the application and hung up.

Sounds like the same guy. Mine answered the phone the same way.

sent form 4 for 30 cal June 15th and sent in another form 4 two weeks ago (check cashed on Oct 15th)for 6.5 TB and should have another set going for 22 cal next week or so.... got serial assigned anyway

mailed another form 4 Nov 16th for TB 223p2

Last edited:
I just sent money for another suppressor yesterday. Form 3 to my dealer then Form 4. Hope to have it by summer next year.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKERNever had a problem with any of them when I call, but I am super nice and give them the information they need to get me the information I request.

I was nice and gave him all the information. I never had a problem with any on the last one I bought either. He didn't want to tell the status, just said it will be 5 months.

That is code for its pending. If it had been approved he would have told you so. That is about all the info your ever going to get.

Silencerco Omega
Form 4- Individual

Ordered through SPEQ dealer: 04-28-15
Received by dealer: 8-26-15
Paperwork back from LE: 9-9-15
Mailed: 9-17-15
Check cashed: 9-22-15
Approved: 11-17-15
Stamp Received: 11-25-15

Just over two months from mail date to stamp in hand. I only wish receiving it from the distributor had been so fast.

Back