Will I stand out like a sore thumb?

If all goes well I will be in southern Utah for the first part of November. I know it is a different environment when contrasted with New England but I wonder if I will stick out like a sore thumb with camo that has a lot of greens and darker colors such as Superflauge, Real tree hardwoods and the like?

I hate to run out and buy more camo so I wonder if what I currently use will work ok?

Any comments? Thanks

Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660You don't even need camo if you sit still in the shade and wear dark colors.

There, I fixed it for you. Camo is WAY overrated.

I would definitely bring some type of camo because unless your only hunting early morning or late evening you will not find much shade in southern Utah unless you hunt the high country. Some areas we hunt you might get lucky and have a rocky out cropping of rocks that might help.

Simple solution for you is to buy a light color camo long sleve T shrit.

The camo you are talking about it too dark, but you can get away with it on the bottom, and then get a long sleeve T shirt and get it big enough to go over fleece jacket.

I do this since here, you have to be able to hunt when it's hot and then cold all in the same day. I have started the AM in -10 and then by end of the day hunting in an area that is 50. that is a very large temp swing and if you try to have layers and layers of camo to do that, I would go broke.
The t shirt allows me to just take layers on and off and just wear the t shirt.

Cabela's new western pattern or something like it. Kings desert camo, or M2D work really well.
I would think the M2d would be the best bet, since that would work back where you are at too.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZSimple solution for you is to buy a light color camo long sleve T shrit.

The camo you are talking about it too dark, but you can get away with it on the bottom, and then get a long sleeve T shirt and get it big enough to go over fleece jacket.

I do this since here, you have to be able to hunt when it's hot and then cold all in the same day. I have started the AM in -10 and then by end of the day hunting in an area that is 50. that is a very large temp swing and if you try to have layers and layers of camo to do that, I would go broke.
The t shirt allows me to just take layers on and off and just wear the t shirt.

Cabela's new western pattern or something like it. Kings desert camo, or M2D work really well.
I would think the M2d would be the best bet, since that would work back where you are at too.

Now that is excellent advice. I never even thought of that. Thanks

not only will you stand out like a sore thumb, coyotes will openly mock you from the edge of your effective range and their taunts can be very hurtful.

I've killer hundreds of coyotes wearing blue jeans and a light blue work shirt. Yes I wear camo when I hunt most of the time but for years I usually went on my way to work or coming home from work. Just sit in the shade if possible and be still. I never worry about what camo I am wearing when I do wear it. If I have to camo anything I worry more about my face hands and gun. this is what they are likely to see when you move.

drscott

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NampaNewbienot only will you stand out like a sore thumb, coyotes will openly mock you from the edge of your effective range and their taunts can be very hurtful. Man I sure hate when that happens LMAO ...

First 100 coyotes I killed, I wore blue jeans and dark shirt, hunted with Ithaca 10ga auto with 32" full choke and a Rem 700 Varmint in 22/250.

So, how correct was I?

Back