KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Wow, that's a large snake. I'm glad we don't have (see) those things here.

Nice revolver. I used to have the exact copy of that, less the grips. I did have black pearl type grips. Like a fool I traded it off.

I've got five Ruger Single Six revolvers, one has a nice 2X Leopold scope on it! Great handgun.

Totally pitch black night, no moon or stars, overcast and drizzling.

Had bush-hogged down about two acres of dog fennels that were 8-10 feet high so I could see out 250 yards instead of 50 yards on my stand using the Flir M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal to monitor the area.

A large sounder of hogs showed up and stayed for about 20 minutes but would never come into range, watched them out 350 yards on the thermal from the cockpit of my UTV waiting for them to head my way but it never happened, did not want to just try to blast them as there were six large hogs in the group and am trying to take them out.

Turned on my FoxPro TruckPro E-caller on BayBeeCottontail and let it squeak for about ten minutes and picked up a hot heat signature cranking through the thick woods my way, thought it could be a deer so watched it close in on me. Made it up a hill out a ravine about 50 yards for Pos ID and put a 130 grain Barnes TSX through it's spine at 90 yards...

Had the mini-DVR on recording but forgot to turn on the video output from the MKII again, coyote came in fast and missed getting a video of him, all I got was the audio of the gunshot...
blush.gif

MKK%20Coyote.jpg

MK%20Coyote%20Hondini.jpg

MK%20Coyote%20Hondini2.jpg

MK%20Coyote%20Hot.jpg

Was out on my stand with the IR Patrol helmet mount and IR MKII-35 for two minutes when a sounder of some larger sows and pigs showed up, took out this sow at 125 yards with the .308, was too heavy for me to lift alone so had to get the tractor to bring her back for processing tonight, lots of good sausage off this one!

MK%20and%20Patrol.jpg

MKII%20Hog.jpg

MK%20Patrol%20Hog%20Grapple.jpg

Hot%20MK%20Hog.jpg

When ya wake up early Sunday morning and slap some wild hog sausages into the skillet and relaize you are running low, just look at the breakfast nook window for a fresh supply on the hoof!

Dom%20Backyard.jpg

Dom%20Backyard2.jpg

One nice thing about the NGI DVR is that if you have two of these DVRs, one for recording off your helmet and one for recording off your rifle scope, ONE PRESS of the NGI Remote turns on both DVRs simultaneously and instantly, so you can begin recording from both devices at the same time!
icon_smile.gif

The remote frequency of 433 Mhz turns on both the recorders at the same time.

MK%20Patrol%20Hog%20Grapple.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupWhen ya wake up early Sunday morning and slap some wild hog sausages into the skillet and relaize you are running low, just look at the breakfast nook window for a fresh supply on the hoof!

Dom%20Backyard.jpg

Dom%20Backyard2.jpg

You should have Invited that sounder in to watch the Game SkyPup!
Now you gotta go and dress some Pork!

Last edited:
Man, these moccasins are just plain nasty, this cottonmouth was all coiled up with his fangs pointing towards the sky when a 9mm hit his head.

Cottonmouth.JPG

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Good Shot.
It's a good thing it was Day Time and not during a Night Hunt.

No kidding, I hate these things the worst of all, they are pure nasty.

Snake boot time for sure!

Archery season began here last Saturday and had a couple of families camping out with their kids all going deer hunting with bow and arrows. Yesterday, one of the mothers shot a 400 pound hog with a broadhead that is sticking out of its lungs.

So I went out trying to find where it could have bedded down last night with thermal (no luck) and this morning.

While in the vicinity of where the big boar got shot with the arrow, I cam up on a sounder group at 11AM in broad daylight, although it was deep in the forest in some thick underbrush and cover.

Fortunately, I had my FLIR RS scope with me and was able to make out the hogs in the thick cover on Black Hot mode @ 150 yards, had to wait and make sure I was aiming at their head and not their asses.

Finally figured out where their heads were and took down two nice boar hogs that are being converted into fresh sausage.....

FLIR RS thermal worked great in broad daylight!

Two%20RS%20Hogs2.jpg

Two%20RS%20Hogs.jpg

That is an ugly snake for sure and no doubt it's bite would be even uglier.

SkyPup, you are getting more like me in your old age, luring them into the yard. LOL. Coyotes visit on the edge of my cabin yard. Easy shooting at 60 yards. I'm about to take the rocking chair approach to shooting.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
That is an ugly snake for sure and no doubt it's bite would be even uglier.

SkyPup, you are getting more like me in your old age, luring them into the yard. LOL. Coyotes visit on the edge of my cabin yard. Easy shooting at 60 yards. I'm about to take the rocking chair approach to shooting.

Those two hogs are going to be tail-gate BBQ for the Gator football game this weekend!

This is the big boar hog that got the broadhead through his lungs that I am looking for, bet he is PISSED OFF!

Big%20Boar.jpg

Many of you know that I have had one of these on my UTV for the last two years and it works absolutely supreme.

It can take a licking and keep on ticking as it is totally waterproof, dust proof, mud proof, shock proof, vibration proof, etc, etc, etc., ie it is a kickass hardcore instrument.

Anyhow, when I purchased mine from Flir RayMarine, they had a rebate on it and FLIR sent me a check for $1K back after I installed it.

They have the same program going on now until the end of the year if anyone is interested in adding thermal to a vehicle:

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=13331

Hondini.JPG

Have been after a big 350+ lb boar hog for over a week now and swatted a lot of mosquitoes while waiting for him.

Have seen him a few times but never long enough for a shot.

He has been in some inaccessible swampy areas that I had to take the tractor and build a road out into to be able to get in there.

His hangout has been a large remote sinkhole where he beds down and roots around.

I park my UTV with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal 75 yards out adjacent to the sinkhole and sit and wait for him to show up.

Hondini%20Sinkhole2.jpg

Hondini%20Sinkhole.jpg

I have been patiently waiting to put a .308 slug though his head with my SIG 716 and IRD MKII 35mm for quite some time now with no luck.

Tonight when I parked at my recently bulldozed trail, he left me a fresh turd right where I park....so I new he was near.

However, he did not show and instead a sounder showed and came down out of the hardwoods which have recently been dropping acorn on down to the sinkhole for some water right 75 yards in front of me at night.

Only managed to kill one, but will work on the kill video through the IRD thermal scope and post that later.....lots of fun tonight all by my lonely self and still have the big boy to hunt too!

MKII%20Sinkhole%20Hog.jpg

M324%20Sinkhole%20Hog.jpg

Hot%20Sinkhole%20Hog.jpg

Hog%20Hondini.jpg

Haha, I walk out the door to go check the game cams first thing this morning and lo and behold there is a coyote eating out the [beeep] of my hog I killed the night before 190 yards out.

Head back into the house to get the SIG 716 7.62mm with IRD thermal and one shot puts him down!

IRD%20Coyote%20Ass.jpg

IRD%20Coyote%20Hondini.jpg

IRD%20Coyote%20Hondini%20Close.jpg

Back