KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Upgraded the FoxPro TruckPro TX-1000 transmitter for hog, coyote, rodent, and bird calls.

Also installed a two inch lift kit with the Evans Walker race shocks for more ground clearance.

And a new fuel injection program for more fuel and power with the Yoshimira header exhaust.

Getting ready to hunt in the swamps now!

Hondini.JPG

FLIR T-70 on HK556 with ACOG TA02 and Gemtech Sandstorm.

It has been raining here constantly non-stop for the past 48 hours (7 inches so far) so I took the FoxPro TruckPro out of the UTV and hooked it up to the computer and reprogrammed it with the new FoxPro Programming Utility Version 4.6.54 that was released in June.

Created ten categories:

1. Birds

2. Crows

3. Coyotes

4. Rabbit Distress

5. Hogs

6. Calf Distress

7. Kitten Distress

8. Goat Distress

9. Owls

10. Sirens

Those contain 195 FoxPro Sounds for calling!

What a great setup!

Got the new NGI Mini-DVR with IR Hunter Defense MKII/Patrol recording cable with microphone, setting it up on my SIG 716 7.62mm with the MKII 35mm for some hog killing videos:

NGI%20DVR.jpg

Originally Posted By: ShurshotGood you got it... I paid for one almost 3 weeks ago and have not received it yet. I think I am done allowing my card to be charged the minute I place the order and then waiting forever to get delivery.

Just checked...We were waiting on our next batch of FLIR cables to be completed....I know we ran out of cables and there making more. Everything else is ready to go and I told Jaimie to air it 2nd day air it next week. Sorry Brother...

Vic

It is worth the wait, easy to setup and use, the external remote is nice too, forgot to take a pic of that. Just press it and recording immediately starts from standby.

Plus it records in MPEG4 too, good deal.

The custom cables have a microphone integrated into them too which you will appreciate once you get the FLIR cable....I am still waiting on a custom FLIR cable too.

Been handloading some 240 grain Sierra MatchKings and some 240 grain cast lead bullets for the .300 Blackout upper chronographed @ 1,050fps, they penetrate from tail to head at 75 yards, don't ask me how I know....

Blackout%20AmmoWeb.jpg

Got the new NGI mini-DVRs setup with pouches on the IR Hunter MKII-35mm on my SIG 716 7.62mm and the IR Patrol M-300 on my Team Wendy helmet and getting ready to film some big black hogs down!

NGI%20DVR%20MKII%20Side.jpg

NGI%20DVR%20MKII%20Side%20Close.jpg

NGI%20DVR%20M300%20Side.jpg

NGI%20DVR%20M300%20Back%20Side.jpg

Originally Posted By: 1loboNice rig skypup, does this mean you are moving away from FLIR?

Not by a long shot!
smile.gif

Let's see, I have used 20+ different FLIR thermals over the last six years non-stop, all of which I own and am still using constantly and have not had a single solitary problem with any of them.

And I've had two IRD products for two months.....

Hondini.JPG

Zeroed in the MKII-35mm on the backyard range starting at 50 yards and finalized @ 100 yards on the SIG 716 7.62mm-51mm using Federal Mod 0 125 grain OTM ammo @ 2,900fps out of 16" barrel.

First I used a propane torch heated steel 4 inch circle painted white to cowitness the MKII reticule with a boresighted .308 red dot laser.

Then put a handwarmer on my target at 50 yards. First two rounds with properly centered and about 3 inches low below the bullseye.

Stuck an empty .308 shell into the hole and heated it up and adjusted the MKII-35 reticule to the hot shell.

Fired three rounds and was on bullseye next time around.

Moved hot handwarmer out to 100 yards and was two inches low, adjusted reticule and finalized zeroing rifle, total of eight shells to get on target, zero at 50 yds and final 100 yard bullseye.

SIG%20Rest.jpg

Target.jpg

Ammo.jpg

MKII%20Thru%20Tube.jpg

The bore laser really helped me out as the first time I took out the thermal to try to zero it in, I could not even hit a 3'X3' target at 50 yards with ten shots????? Super pissed.

Also, for this method to work, you need a solid rest like the Caldwell Lead Sled that I have so that you can adjust the reticule to the bullet hole on a hot shell.

Nailed this ear-less hog at 125 yards with the MKII-35mm on SIG 716 .308, spine shot DRT.

Had the DVR on recording for video but forgot to turn on the video out from the scope, so no video this time...

One ear was totally ripped off, the other ear was in shreds, and his tail was short, probably got caught by some dogs in the past....

MK%20Earless%20Boar.jpg

Mk%20Earless%20Hot.jpg

Acht Mein Gott, more head and neck crushing Team Wendy XFIL Night Vision/Thermal gear.

What would a poor man do, stay home at night and take up knitting?
crazy.gif

M24PVS14B.jpg

M24PVS14.jpg

M24%20PatrolB.jpg

M24%20Patrol.jpg

Was putting some corn in my corn tube ground feeders this morning after the hogs raped all of them in the heavy rain last night, suddenly heard a distinctive sound and put a .22 magum hollowpoint through his head with my Ruger Stainless Steel Single Six that I bought new in 1972.

One headshot and he was DRT, however he is still crawling around over 90 minutes later after losing his mind.

FLIRONE thermals came out good.
smile.gif

Rattler%20Ruger.jpg

Thermal%20Rattler%20Ruger.jpg

Thermal%20Rattler%20Ruger2.jpg

Thermal%20Rattler%20Ruger3.jpg

Will try to get some thermal alligator pics soon as gator season just started this past Saturday, lots of little ones but waiting on a BIGGUN!

Wow, that's a large snake. I'm glad we don't have (see) those things here.

Nice revolver. I used to have the exact copy of that, less the grips. I did have black pearl type grips. Like a fool I traded it off.

Originally Posted By: Mr BenelliSweet mount. would the flir ps32 / pvs 14 work with that mount?

I don't know about a PS-32, but the Wilcox Dual handles PVS-14s real well.

Back