June 2015 Hunt of the Month

Congrats batman1262 - i feel honored to b nominated as well -- great stories to b read here almost every day --
the dog thing really has my interest and so i find it fascinating -- down side of that is after many yrs with big yellow lab HANK --on my side-- thinking he is human -- its hard to see them suffer with age related illness and --cry me a river on that drive to the vet- to say good by to him was very tough--Old Hanker in the back seat just happy to go for a ride -- thinking he's going hunting-- whew- no more pets--
I am heading out the door --Tacoma is loaded with gear and to the play ground I b -fresh piece of tape on the end of the Swift
- everyone have great day/wk -

Originally Posted By: batman1262This was a HUGE honor for me to even be nominated. There are alot better writers and ALOT better hunters than me. This really made me feel good! Thanks to all that voted, even the ones that didn't vote for me.

Congrats, Brian!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

I could be wrong about this opinion, but.....
I would guess that one of the reasons that you rec'd the most votes is that, it was very clear just how much excitement & passion you felt about the hunt.
The way you wrote it up, really brought that imagery out.
cool.gif

IMHO, the HOM contest isn't about who is the better hunter. Or even the better writer (grammar and such).
For someone to get my vote, as I read each story, I need to be able to "feel" as if I'm right there on stand with the writer.
This time, I felt that you conveyed that "feeling", and your excitement better than the others.
cool.gif

Back