KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: Mr Benellinice setup. how do you like the 1 moa dot? Can you tell me how quick and what procedure you go through to get to nv mode on rmr? Does it remember last setting?
That would be nice on top of dbal i2. looking to find an adapter plate for dbal i2.

The 1 MOA dot is primo compared to the 3 MOA dots on my other units. I have it on auto adjust and with the 720nm IR filter on my PVS-14s it works perfect. Have not actually tried it out without the IR filter on just the red dot NV settings though, but it is a keeper and I am a happy camper!

Odd looking hog in trap this morning?

Bear%20In%20Trap.JPG

Nice catch.

I looked into rmr..I don't like how you have to remove the unit to change the battery (not a deal breaker), but so far it still looks like the best 1 moa red dot out there. I am waiting on parts for the dbal i2 (make sure I can get them) then I'll purchase a red dot. Thanks for your help. FoxPro is shipping the extended speaker setup for the truck pro this week. Ill keep you posted. In the blind, I always do better with the speaker set away from me. How has the truck pro been working out on the HONDA UTV? Any good stories?

I like the battery under the unit, it is waterproof and simple to change out, the battery lasts an entire year in the ON position so really not a problem. The 1 MOA is way better for precise shooting than my four other 3 MOA RMRs.

I have killed one coyote with the FoxPro TruckPro this past month, he was kind of scrawny and did not appear to be in very good shape, but not that old either? I have really cut into the coyote population as I do not hardly hear them howling anymore at night and am getting a lot of non-productive stands now, I think I killed about thirty so far this year and they are getting harder to get.

Also, ITT Raynoir cut out about a thousand acres of slash pines and then removed about half that of laurel oaks and white oaks, all the machinery and tree removal has really affected the hog habitat and their usual routines have been broken up the past couple of months. I've only shot two hogs this past month (May) and jumped a couple of sounders, have not seen any big loner boars around now for awhile.

I think the best stories with the Truck-Pro is once while I was playing rabbit in distress alone in the UTV in the woods at night, suddenly a loud swoosh occurred right in front of my face scarring the bleep out of me, it was a great horned owl had landed on the hood right between the two speakers!!!

Another time, I was calling with the Truck-Pro and had the driver door open in case I had to get out when I felt something touching my left leg? Turned on the flashlight and a racoon was trying to climb up my leg into the cab with me, all I saw was a masked face and just about freaked out, fortunately he did not bite or scratch me.....

Delta P Brevis 556 titanium suppressor finally arrived, super light weight, short and fat.

Makes for entering and exiting a vehicle much easier, not to mention much easier on the ears

Delta%20P%20Can.jpg

Just got the HK 10.5" upper for my SBR build (am waiting on the lower receiver tax stamp back) and it has the new HK Modular Rail System on it with two integral quick detach sling attachment points.

Very nice quality improvement over the previous picitanny rail setup.

HK%20105.jpg

HK%20105%20Front.jpg

HK%20105%20Top.jpg

It does come apart, it is split where the end of the receiver is so that you can take the front end off to remove the piston assembly. If you look closely at the top view, you can see the split at end of receiver.

ok thanks, there are only 2 types that are one piece to my knowledge and I have one each of them. I was wondering if I needed to have the third if it existed.
thumbup1.gif

The Troy rails on my SIG 556s are true one piece monolithic from the butt end of the receiver to the muzzle, but you can remove the entire piston assembly without taking off the rails on the SIGs!

On my HKs,you have to remove the rails to get to the piston to clean it out or lube it.

Far%20Side.jpg

This hog hunt was kinda fun and easy!

A lady had called us up and asked us about taking out a hog that was ripping up her backyard, her motion lights were coming on between 1-3AM.

She lived in a high end neighborhood and wanted us to trap it but we told her we had suppressors and it would be easier to shoot it since we knew the right time to be there.

A game warden friend of ours had been out at her house trying to take out this hog three times at night, but he only had a PVS-7 to see him and Red LED light to try to get him in the dark.

We had been at work all day Friday, so took a nap and ate dinner, rendezvous at her house was midnight, we brought some chairs to setup in her backyard and wait for the boar to show, ready for a long night.

I had the helmet mount Flir M-24 thermal and as soon as I put it on and walked around her house, there was the boar in her backyard rooting it up.

Stalked in to 75 yards and put one in his ear with the FLIR T-70 and he collapsed and went down immediately right in his tracks, DRT.

We could see her in her house watching TV through the panoramic glass windows, so gave her a call and told her to come out. She could not believe the boar was dead, she never ever heard the shot and he was laying 50 feet out from her recreation room!
thumbup1.gif

Needless to say, she was impressed and we have a new customer to take care of....

HK%20Hog%2011.jpg

What was even weirder is that when she came out and I introduced myself to her in the dark, I recognized her name and knew her husband.

He was a retinal electrophysiologist that I have worked with in the past a couple of decades ago and went to his funeral five years ago when he passed in his laboratory at work in the hospital from a heart attack. I was so taken back and felt so bad about it. But she said she is engaged to a good friend now that she has known since she was 6 years old and sounded very upbeat, so I was happy to hear that.

Back