KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: SkyPupAnd another one bites the dust!

Dave%20RS%20Hog.jpg

Nice shooter there! It appears he may know what he's doing!
tongue_smilie.gif

Apparently so, they did let a couple of 500 pounders get away today though, but taking them out again tonight.

Will be using the new updated FLIR RS-54-35mm, Flir T-70, IR Defense MKII 35mm, and Armasight Apollo, all 640 cores, pics and hopefully dead hogs to follow....

Had some friends show up for a hunt and got to try out their thermals.

We had my Flir T-70's, Flir RS-64-35mm, and Flir T-50 320 core with 60mm lens.

My friends brought their Armasight 640-42mm Apollo and IR Defense MKII 640-35mm.

Did not have any video cables for the Armasight or IR Defense thermals, but did for my Flirs.

All of the thermal scopes worked great, temps were about 75-80 and humidity was moderate, not a problem.

M18%20Apollo%20MKII.jpg

SIG%20556%20Apollo.jpg

Sig%20556%20MKII.jpg

On the night hunt, the Flir T-50 and Flir RS64-35 scored pork:

T50%20Ceday%20Key%20Hog.jpg

One Barnes 70 grain TSX to the neck, DRT;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1VG4n-2eDk&feature=youtu.be

Dave%20&%20Cedar%20Key%20Hog.jpg

Everyone had a great time, all the thermals worked excellent.

We were in very dense Florida scrub uplands with limited sighting range where FOV ruled the night.

Both the IR Defense and the Armasight Apollo were a bit longer range instruments due to the microbolometer pixel/lens configurations and tight to work in our heavily forested wilderness areas, however they both gave excellent image presentation and were manually adjustable for a variety of changing conditions if so desired.

The Apollo was easy to use, lightweight with good build.

The IR Defense was also easy to use, more robust and heavier but seems built like a tank.

It was fun to use all of the gear. My friends were not too educated on their Apollo or MKII so I helped them out to understand the operational aspects of their two thermals as to how to use them properly and the various thermal emissivity issues encountered in the field while hunting.

Neither of them had video output cables for their thermals, but I tried to take a digital night photo though the ocular of the MK II at 175 yards from my backyard log stand out to my game cam tree as a representation to compare to my T-70's (note, photos were not taken side by side under identical conditions as these T-70 pics are older and different ambient temp/humidity).

MKII-35mm 175 yards to oak tree 1X:

MKII%20Game%20Cam.jpg

Flir T-70 0.5X & 1X same:

T70%20BLK%20half.jpg

T70%20BLK%20One.jpg

Enjoyed being able to check out my two friends kits and they are more excited now to use them here on future hunts!
icon_smile_blush.gif

Just in case anyone is wondering how thermals perform during daylight hours. I was out putting corn in my feeder today and downloading game cam photos when I spied a nice boar in the thick woods. Stalked him out and gave him an earshot @ 150 yards with my old SIG 556 and RS64-35mm black hot, DRT.

RS%20Day%20Boar%20Trees.jpg

RS%20Day%20Boar%20Grass.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shurshotnice shot! I see you moved your scope back also.
thumbup1.gif

I was all alone with this dude in some pretty thick woods and it was kinda scary, was still shaking bad when I took that photo, amazing it is not blurred from my shakiness....

Originally Posted By: SkyPupOriginally Posted By: Shurshotnice shot! I see you moved your scope back also.
thumbup1.gif

I was all alone with this dude in some pretty thick woods and it was kinda scary, was still shaking bad when I took that photo, amazing it is not blurred from my shakiness....

Wow, great stuff! Nice shooting!

I think the MKII 19mm with 22 degree FOV utilized as a clip-on with my ACOG TA02 & RMR09 would be a real nice setup on my KAC SR15 E3 Mod2/HK 10.5" SBR build when my tax stamp comes back!

TA02RMRR09%20Left.jpg

175%20Yards%20Black%20Round.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupHere is a prototype ThermBrite Hog Thermal target, coyote one is very nice too:

ThermBrite%20Target.jpg

[beeep] nice group there! That was with the RS64?

nice setup. how do you like the 1 moa dot? Can you tell me how quick and what procedure you go through to get to nv mode on rmr? Does it remember last setting?
That would be nice on top of dbal i2. looking to find an adapter plate for dbal i2.

Originally Posted By: Victor_TNVCOriginally Posted By: SkyPupHere is a prototype ThermBrite Hog Thermal target, coyote one is very nice too:

ThermBrite%20Target.jpg

[beeep] nice group there! That was with the RS64?

That RS-64 is a virtual laser! Lovin' it!

Back