KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

It is one bleep of a night hunting machine with the FLIR M-324 Pan/Tilt thermal and the FoxPro TruckPro E-caller, everybody loves hunting in it!

TruckPro%20Speakers%20Front%27.jpg

Since I wear eyeglasses all the time, I have had difficulty seeing the entire microbolometer view in my PS-32, LS-64, and new LS-XR due to the small pupil size of the ocular eyepiece.

So, I tried installing one of my ACOG eyepiece covers on to see if it would be an improvement. The fit was good and installed a tie wrap around the base to make sure it stays put since it sees lots of action at night bouncing around on the lanyard around my neck.

It was a major improvement for me to see the entire microbolometer on all my FLIR handhelds while wearing my eyeglasses, the ACOG ocular cover provides almost a 100% increase in ease of use and microbolometer view.

LS%20XR%20ACOG.jpg

LS%20XR%20ACOG%20Top.jpg

Easy to do and improves the view.

Discovered a huge fresh hog wallow back behind the barn, looks like a big boy loaner boar hog has been hanging out here, will try him out tonight after dark with the helmet mounted FLIR M-18 and FLIR RS-64 scope!

Hog%20Wallow.jpg

Helmet mounted M-18? Since when? I thought you were a helmet mounted M-24 guy? Was that a typo or have you been experimenting with helmet mounting your M-18?

Regards,

G.
Mad Hatter

Originally Posted By: Insomniac100Helmet mounted M-18? Since when? I thought you were a helmet mounted M-24 guy? Was that a typo or have you been experimenting with helmet mounting your M-18?

Regards,

G.
Mad Hatter

Whoops, I meant my M-24, sorry about that....

Your good, most people would not have caught that slip up!
thumbup1.gif

We had a huge dangerous squall line pass through here right before dark will power off, electric lines down, trees down and a hard soaking rain with 60+mph winds and I went out anyway and got soaked.

Boar did not show up while I was there, but I am going to pattern him and see when he is getting all muddied up out there, it's only a 15 minute walk out behind the house with the helmet mounted FLIR M-24 thermal to take a peak.

I'll toss some corn out to anchor him and maybe move a game cam over there to see exactly when he's having some fun!

OK,Pup
But be careful,dont forget that Arnold used mud smeared on his body,to defeat "the Predators" thermal visual technoligy.
unsure.gif

We would not want that hog sneakin up on you!!
scared.gif

Sometimes it takes me 3-4 months to hunt down these loner boar hogs as they do not follow the script like some of the sounder groups do, they are very wary and sneaky/shifty, guess that is how they grow to be so old and big.

It's almost summer, watch out for logs standing up and flashing their teeth at you at night, and of course wear snake boots!
scared.gif

IMG_2293.jpg

This one was in driveway behind carport last week:

Rattler3.jpg

Kanapaha%20Gator.jpg

Snakes and gators!!
scared.gif
That's scary stuff!!Thank the Lord that I don't have to deal with any of that kind of stuff at night...Well there is that smelly, eight foot tall,hairy ape type man that comes out of the swamp at night and watch's me at night when I am hunting,dont know what that's about,I sure its nothing to be alarmed about...
unsure.gif

Rattlesnakes are a much bigger threat than gators. It's very rare a gator attacks a human much less out of the water.

Rattlesnakes don't always rattle or sometimes rattle too late for a warning. Best bet is to wear good snake boots and always have an exit strategy to a hospital.

They really don't want to waste their venom on something too big to eat so it's strictly a defensive mechanism when they bite a human and it's best to learn to recognize where they hang out and be very careful when in those areas. NEVER reach under a palmetto bush with your hand because thats when a lot of bites happen. If you must then kick around a lot first with your snake boots and listen for the rattle and look very carefully. In 40 years of hunting in Florida I've only had 3 close calls (that I know of) and only one of those snakes was longer than 3 feet.

I had a hilarious situation with one once. It was a suddenly cold night in the spring when they're most active and I got up to get the newspaper. I was buck naked but it was very early with no outside lights on so I decided to sneak out and quickly grab the paper. When I opened the door to go out there was a pygmy rattler between the door and the storm door, which had been left partially ajar, and he slithered into the kitchen with me. I hopped around and slammed him with a frying pan and then pinned him down with it and cut off his head with a butcher knife.

Then I became aware of my wife laughing so hard she could barely stand up. She had heard the commotion and come out of the bedroom in time to see me dancing around nude and trying to kill the snake. She to this day loves to remind me of that incident (it was 20 years ago) and says she wishes she'd had a video camera handy.... LOL

$bob$

Originally Posted By: LDhunterRattlesnakes are a much bigger threat than gators. It's very rare a gator attacks a human much less out of the water.

Rattlesnakes don't always rattle or sometimes rattle too late for a warning. Best bet is to wear good snake boots and always have an exit strategy to a hospital.

They really don't want to waste their venom on something too big to eat so it's strictly a defensive mechanism when they bite a human and it's best to learn to recognize where they hang out and be very careful when in those areas. NEVER reach under a palmetto bush with your hand because thats when a lot of bites happen. If you must then kick around a lot first with your snake boots and listen for the rattle and look very carefully. In 40 years of hunting in Florida I've only had 3 close calls (that I know of) and only one of those snakes was longer than 3 feet.

I had a hilarious situation with one once. It was a suddenly cold night in the spring when they're most active and I got up to get the newspaper. I was buck naked but it was very early with no outside lights on so I decided to sneak out and quickly grab the paper. When I opened the door to go out there was a pygmy rattler between the door and the storm door, which had been left partially ajar, and he slithered into the kitchen with me. I hopped around and slammed him with a frying pan and then pinned him down with it and cut off his head with a butcher knife.

Then I became aware of my wife laughing so hard she could barely stand up. She had heard the commotion and come out of the bedroom in time to see me dancing around nude and trying to kill the snake. She to this day loves to remind me of that incident (it was 20 years ago) and says she wishes she'd had a video camera handy.... LOL

$bob$

Hilarious story...
thumbup.gif
Just think, you could have won 10 grand on America's Funniest Videos!

Yeah, that is a good one.

I will have to dig up the photos of the five gators that somehow all wandered into my barn when I had left the doors open one day. They when I went in there heard all this scraping around sounds on the floor and it was five three-four foot long gators running all over the place. Caught a couple with a snake head snare and the others with a large fishing net in the boat....

Originally Posted By: SkyPupYeah, that is a good one.

I will have to dig up the photos of the five gators that somehow all wandered into my barn when I had left the doors open one day. They when I went in there heard all this scraping around sounds on the floor and it was five three-four foot long gators running all over the place. Caught a couple with a snake head snare and the others with a large fishing net in the boat....

Nov%20Gator%201.jpg

Barn%20Gators.jpg

Back